Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steelers7895

Cetaphil question while on accutane

This is a weird random question but I want to know what you guys are doing...

I know alot of people on Accutane use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.. but do you guys use it in the shower or after the shower over the sink?

Also does your cetaphil bottle have a pump? Mine doesnt and I was just wondering how much actual product you guys use and for how long?

Thanks and sorry for the silly question,

Robbie

Hey Robbie,

When I was on my first round of accutane I used Cetaphil and I always used it in the shower and over the sink. I always washed my face, back and chest twice a day in the morning before classes and at night when I took a shower. I think my sister did pretty much the same thing while she was on accutane the same time as me. I away at college but when I would go home her bottle of cetaphil would be in the shower at night and by the sink in the morning so I would always steal some of hers. Not like I needed to the bottle always seemed to last me forever. Mine never came with a pump I wish it did. I was always tempted to take the one of my moisurizer bottle and put it on the cleanser. I always used, I don't know, enough to put on my back, chest and face like two quarter sizes i guess if that makes sense. I used Cetaphil for over a year after I finished accutane and now I use Aveeno, I love this stuff. My sister started using it and I used some of her one time I was home and I like it better than cetaphil. Hope this helped. Good luck on Accutane. I'm starting a second round if my derm will ever do iPlegde and she said she would and I only have till Sunday.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will switch to using it in the shower since i shower in the morning and night. I had been washing my face over the sink .. but my fawcet ( wow that is one word i cant spell worth shit ) is like a fire hydrant and i get water all over it sucks. I guess I am just paranoid and I like to look at myself when I wash my face to make sure i get all the right spots and stuff.

You said you use Aveeno, I have heard alot of people who say they use Aveeno products also... do you think I should use that instead while Im on accutane? Is it overdrying?

Cetaphil works great while on accutane. I haven't started my second round of accutane so I couldn't tell you if it dries you out yet. I have heard a lot of people say they like it too. I use the Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser right now but when I start accutane I am going to use the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. So, it's up to you if you want to use Aveeno I like it better than Cetaphil now but Cetaphil is good I can tell you that. My Dermatologist, while I was on my first round of accutane told me to use Cetaphil. I can let you know when I start accutane if the Aveeno Ultra-Calming dries me out.