Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgu8myrice

Any suggestions on a good moisturizer to try?

I used the cetaphil moisturizer for a while, but it goes on heavy and left my skin feeling really greasy. However.. it did moisturize the spot well.

I've been using Dan's lately, and to be honest, this stuff is terrible for my skin. Maybe it works well for you guys, and I truly hope it does, but for me, it doesn't. At first it burns when I'm applying. Then a few minutes after I'm done, the burning goes away and my skin is kinda red for the rest of the day. And to top it off.. my skin starts feeling very dry and feels like it's stretching only an hour or so after applying it. I've tried using a little and a lot, neither worked.

Is there any moisturizer out there that you've found to be exceptionally good? I don't even care about the price anymore, I just want something that goes on like dans, but works like cetaphils.

I used the cetaphil moisturizer for a while, but it goes on heavy and left my skin feeling really greasy. However.. it did moisturize the spot well.

I've been using Dan's lately, and to be honest, this stuff is terrible for my skin. Maybe it works well for you guys, and I truly hope it does, but for me, it doesn't. At first it burns when I'm applying. Then a few minutes after I'm done, the burning goes away and my skin is kinda red for the rest of the day. And to top it off.. my skin starts feeling very dry and feels like it's stretching only an hour or so after applying it. I've tried using a little and a lot, neither worked.

Is there any moisturizer out there that you've found to be exceptionally good? I don't even care about the price anymore, I just want something that goes on like dans, but works like cetaphils.

Try complex 15... im loving it right now. Its literally like a miracle moisturizer the way it feels, goes on, non greasy... just PERFECT and ive tried about every moisturizer. I even glob it on in really dry areas and on my next regimen session it is perfectly normal again. great stuff best moisturizer hands down.

Cool thanks guys.. can this be had in a target/walmart, or does it need to be ordered online? Thanks!

Hi there. I'm 22 and started getting very mild acne at around 21. I don't "suffer" from acne exactly, but I actually think it's a hormonal imbalance. I love Jergens natural glow face lotion. It's so light, absorbs fast and easily, doesn't leave a residue or a greasy feeling, and its hypoallergenic and noncomodogenic. (meaning it won't clog pores). Try giving it a shot and tell me what u think.

-Ruby

I like the Complex 15 Face Cream a lot as a basic moisturizer, though I don't care for the Complex 15 Lotion at all. The cream is quite a bit more expensive than the lotion but it has a nicer consistency, feels more moisturizing, actually absorbs and dries (the lotion just sort of sat on my skin and felt sticky, never really drying, and made applying sunscreen or makeup over it a disaster), and didn't break me out. The formulation for the lotion is apparently different enough from the cream that it actually was breaking me out while I was using it until I figured it out and stopped. I'm sure it doesn't break everyone out who uses it, but I'm not one to accuse most products I try of worsening my acne unless I feel pretty sure from trial and error, so take that for what you will. I've seen the Complex 15 Face Cream in stores at CVS before, but I've never seen the lotion anywhere, you'd need to order it off the internet in all likelihood.

You might also look into Lac Hydrin 5, which is pretty popular here. I think it would be a good choice if your skin is pretty dry.

Okay, The best moisturizer i have ever used was Neutrogena Heathy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive SPF20, its quite expensive (over $10) but it has anti-wrinkle which is good, and your never too young to use it, pluses are retinol which pushes dead skin to the surface and when you was your face it slough offs the debris. its my personal choice and recommend it to everyone.