Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgu8myrice

Need advice on OLD acne

Ok here's the deal with my acne.. For the most part, this regimen works. I do get acne, but it's only like 2 pimples a week, and the BP kills it in a day or two, before it really has time to grow and manifest into something awful.

My problem lies with 'dormant' acne. I have about 4 zits on the cheek and a few on my chin that aren't really active, but they're still red. They are smooth (not bumps), don't hurt, etc etc. I've had them for almost a year - I popped them once when I was a moron, but ever since then, I haven't. Every once in a while, like maybe once every 2 months, the zits become 'active' again for a few days. The BP doesn't seem to take care of this acne thats been on my face for a long time.. Is there anything out there that helps kill this kind of acne effectively? If I could just get rid of this.. my face would be pretty clear.

Thanks for any help!

hmmm, a visit to a Dermatologist for an injection would likely settle them down for good.

Otherwise, you might try an AHA spot treatment. Dan recommends 10% AHA, like Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion.

Well, I had something similiar done from a Derm, but I suppose it was supposed to be quite pricey. But my half brothers father is a dermatoligist so I lucked out.

Personally I'd see a derm about it.