Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saphire82

Anyone use Max Factor's Panstick?

I know I used this about a decade ago but I was looking for something with better coverage and dont think I'll go the liquid foundation route anymore (didnt like colorstay). I was thinking of getting this but I cant remember much about it since I used it so long ago (probably caked it on or something). Does it really have good coverage and is it easy to apply with a foundation brush? How about for breaking you out, any problems? I dont know how it is as far as being comodegenic or not. I currently use Almay's skin smoothing creme foundation but just want something with a bit more coverage. Also whats a good shade for pale skin? Thanks!

I used it a couple times =] For me, it gave realllyy good coverage. Made my face a little greasy looking but I didn't set it with powder so that's my fault. I think I got the palest shade maybe (or maybe it was the 2nd palest shade, whichever one was more yellow toned), which was a taaaaad too dark for my skin tone, but I made it work. I guess I just didn't like the feeling of it on my skin and I was paranoid that it gave me a zit, so I returned it and went back to colorstay.

I have it in Nude Ivory and it is a bit too pink for me, but True Beige is much too dark so I just even out the Ivory with some powder :P Anyhoo, I LOVE it for special occasions. FABULOUS COVERAGE.

I used it years ago and liked it. I believe I stopped using it as it does give very heavy coverage. It should be set with powder. I do remember it had a nice fragrance. :D Completely non-irritating and non-comedogenic if I recall (at least for me).

^I do. Stipple it with a dry sponge and then set it with a liberal dusting of light, loose powder. I like coty airspun powder. it is really the lightest powder out there. A close second would be loreal translucide powder.

just remember that the colorstay is pretty sweat/heat/waterproof but the panstik is NOT. The panstik will melt off on a hot day or if you get sweaty so keep that in mind. The coverage is amazing, though. I am planning on going to it full time once the weather cools down here in NC and I don't get sweaty as easily :lol:;)

I am wearing panstik today, actually. My skin looked really shitty this morning :unsure: So, out comes the panstik to the rescue! I must say, with a little muted beige coty powder over it, I look quite perfect ;)