Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeryanrebecca

I meet a lot of people at night, but...

People must think that I am a lunatic. When I am in a social setting and it is nice and dark, I can talk to people without a problem, crack jokes, get girls' phone numbers, the whole deal. But if I see them on the street the next day, I avoid them at all costs and just pray that they don't walk next to me. The reason: I know that they can see all of my scars, marks, pimples, etc. when it is bright outside. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON! I feel so terrible right now because there's a girl, whom I thought from the first time we spoke was basically from my dreams, coolest girl I met maybe ever, really cute, etc. and I found out that she was very interested in me. Well, she is in one of my classes, and I sit as far away from her as possible. Simply because I don't like the lighting in the classroom! Then after class I hurry out as fast as I can before we can talk. Well, obviously this connection that we 'had' is fading away fast. There's no way I could ever even ask a girl on a date because I wouldn't be able to handle having to talk to her the next day. THANK YOU ACNE!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

so you're afraid that if she sees your acne she might not want to spend time with you? shouldn't that be her decision to make? its a bit unfair to make it for her. for all you know she might not even care about your acne, or she might even be thinking that you're not interested because there's something wrong with her. you know you're definitely not going to get anywhere if you're hiding, so why not just take the chance.. the worst that could happen is you'll miss out on the girl of your dreams, oh wait that's what you're doing right how ;)

so you're afraid that if she sees your acne she might not want to spend time with you? shouldn't that be her decision to make? its a bit unfair to make it for her. for all you know she might not even care about your acne, or she might even be thinking that you're not interested because there's something wrong with her. you know you're definitely not going to get anywhere if you're hiding, so why not just take the chance.. the worst that could happen is you'll miss out on the girl of your dreams, oh wait that's what you're doing right how ;)

mikeryanrebecca, I hear what you're saying and I've felt that way when my acne was super-bad and I even sort of feel like hiding in the daylight to this very day (because of one really bad unavoidable scar I just got which will hopefully disappear in time) even with my own boyfriend! Not only am I worried of rejection, but I don't want anyone to point it out and remind me. Guess you could say I'm sensitive about it.

Anyhow, when I think of all the guys/men I've liked in my lifetime.. hardly any of them had perfect skin. I remember one guy late in highschool that made my heart swoon anytime we talked in bright light face to face because we just clicked and he was so kind.. and he had a lot of acne/red marks on his face.. didn't even register! I'm thinking if you and this girl hit it off.. it may not be all about physical attraction, could you agree? If she really is the girl of your dreams, she will NOT dismiss you for your skin, period. I know it sucks because I know you want to emphasize the side of you that comes out at night without tipping the scales with your "day" self... but I think our "day" selves are greatly affected by how we FEEL and ACT.. not so much by the skin itself. Stoke that damn fire and keep it going, walk up to her and face her, if she likes you she won't be able to resist your smile and charm-- if your skin does get a reaction out of her think of it as a filtering tool of absolute shallow retards. You are you and you sound like you accept yourself for who you are you are just wary whether or not others can, too. Well trust me, others can and WILL. Keep your personality as even and strong as you possibly can because that always always overrides a face!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck I hope you at least get a cool friend out of this if not a gf. Do something before you miss you chance or you may regret this.

mikeryanrebecca, I hear what you're saying and I've felt that way when my acne was super-bad and I even sort of feel like hiding in the daylight to this very day (because of one really bad unavoidable scar I just got which will hopefully disappear in time) even with my own boyfriend! Not only am I worried of rejection, but I don't want anyone to point it out and remind me. Guess you could say I'm sensitive about it.

Anyhow, when I think of all the guys/men I've liked in my lifetime.. hardly any of them had perfect skin. I remember one guy late in highschool that made my heart swoon anytime we talked in bright light face to face because we just clicked and he was so kind.. and he had a lot of acne/red marks on his face.. didn't even register! I'm thinking if you and this girl hit it off.. it may not be all about physical attraction, could you agree? If she really is the girl of your dreams, she will NOT dismiss you for your skin, period. I know it sucks because I know you want to emphasize the side of you that comes out at night without tipping the scales with your "day" self... but I think our "day" selves are greatly affected by how we FEEL and ACT.. not so much by the skin itself. Stoke that damn fire and keep it going, walk up to her and face her, if she likes you she won't be able to resist your smile and charm-- if your skin does get a reaction out of her think of it as a filtering tool of absolute shallow retards. You are you and you sound like you accept yourself for who you are you are just wary whether or not others can, too. Well trust me, others can and WILL. Keep your personality as even and strong as you possibly can because that always always overrides a face!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck I hope you at least get a cool friend out of this if not a gf. Do something before you miss you chance or you may regret this.

People must think that I am a lunatic. When I am in a social setting and it is nice and dark, I can talk to people without a problem, crack jokes, get girls' phone numbers, the whole deal. But if I see them on the street the next day, I avoid them at all costs and just pray that they don't walk next to me. The reason: I know that they can see all of my scars, marks, pimples, etc. when it is bright outside. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON! I feel so terrible right now because there's a girl, whom I thought from the first time we spoke was basically from my dreams, coolest girl I met maybe ever, really cute, etc. and I found out that she was very interested in me. Well, she is in one of my classes, and I sit as far away from her as possible. Simply because I don't like the lighting in the classroom! Then after class I hurry out as fast as I can before we can talk. Well, obviously this connection that we 'had' is fading away fast. There's no way I could ever even ask a girl on a date because I wouldn't be able to handle having to talk to her the next day. THANK YOU ACNE!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

I'm going to the use the least amount of words possible, but it's what I live by when it comes to women.

You only live once.

So talk to her, if she's going to judge you purely on your scarring etc. than you don't need a girl like that.

dude, do you realize that she probly has no idea why you're avoiding her in the classroom? you're messin up BRO! i doubt she hasn't noticed that you got pimplez. but if she wants your ass, GO FOR IT! if she's fuggin shallow and doesn't accept your acne, FORGET THE BITCH! there's like, hundreds of chix in the world (jokin). go through process and error to find the decent ones. it aint like you can snap your fingers for a shallow ass bitch and BOOM you're in wonderland w/ perfect skin. besides, if she WERE shallow and hated you for pimplez, big fuggin deal. at least you know where you stand. otherwise, you can sit there n not try, and boom your chance is gone. and then afterward, when you're spankin your monkey to her, you can wonder what coulda happened if you tried. IF ONLY YOU TRIED! ...and then you'll regret it. for a long ass time. regret's a bitch. there's nothing worse than not trying. that'll make you wish you were dead.

just make her feel warm when she's near you, and she'll easily see right past the acne. by WARM, i mean, make her feel comfortable. i'm not a chick, so i don't know how they think. but in my experience, the way to win a chick over, is just make her feel comfy around you. how you gonna act all confident at night, then shrivel in bad lighting, like you're a nutsac in cold weather. be consistent and don't make her think you're a psycho.

it aint that bad. cuz you're probly smarter and better lookin than me. and i've done it. so if i can do that, it'd be that much easier for you.

sheit...bug, out