Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to recommend my customized proactiv regime to everyone! I have only used it for a few days and my acne is starting to clear up. Its time consuming to use it but so far its been worth it.

These are the steps u take in order for best results while using it:

Morning (7-8am):

1. Lightly rinse your face off with water

2. use proactive cleanser then rinse your face and dry

3. put proactive toner on a cotton pad and rub it on your face; let it dry for 10 seconds.

4. Rub a thin lair of proactive oil control cream all around your face let it dry.

5. Rub a thin lair of proactive repair lotion BP all around your face; let it dry

6. Rub a thin lair of proactiv advanced blemish 6%BP across affected areas

7. Wait a minute then rub a small amount of emu oil all over you face.

Afternoon (3-4pm)

1. Wash face off with water

2. Gently rinse face off with aloe vera bar of soap or you can use aloe vera gel.

Night (8-9pm)

1. Wash face off with water

2. Rub face with apple cider vinegar on a cotton pad

3. Gently wash face off with water

4. Rub a lair of Proactiv cleanser across face, rinse and dry

5. Apply proactiv toner on a cotton pad all over your face; let dry for 10 seconds

6. Rub a lair of proactiv oil control on your face; let dry

7. Rub a lair of proactiv repair lotion 2.5%BP across face; let dry

8. Spot treat with a small amount of proactiv advanced blemish 6%BP; let dry.

9. Wait a minute then rub a small amount of emu oil on your face.

10. Apply proactiv nightcream 1%SA w/retinol

in addition to those steps you can apply a proactiv retruenvenating mask 2 to 3 times a week. Leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse it off; use it at night because you'll smell like the sulfur thats in it.

Proactiv isnt in stores so u can order it online http://proactiv.com or you can buy proactiv at some mall stands.

Since your using alot of products while on this regime, i highly recommend people with sensitive or on accutane not to use this regime.

Some tips that can help maximize results are Drinking lemon water daily (4-5 bottles), drink a cup of green tea daily, use the taping method on your face once a week, make sure you have a clean pillow case every night (one pillow case can last you 2 nights, just turn pillow over after every use). I recently started making a combination of lemon water and green tea which i call acne juice. check the thread for steps on how to make it- http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=17381

i also take 1 250mg tetracyclaline pill, 16 500mg b5 pills, 1 b-complex pill, and 50 mg of zinc a day which seem to help.

Not to be rude and burst your bubble but Proactiv works for a very short amount of time. Sorry to say but enjoy it for now cuz' it's not going to last long. Ask everyone on the board, most of us have tried it and it either does not work at all or only works for a short amount of time. I too thought it was the miracle cure.

I agree with the poster above.

I used ProActive about a year and a half ago. However, my skin was only clear for 7 months after using it and then it back-fired on me. It will give you nice results in the beginning but it isn't for long..

Just my opinion however.

Nikki

Proactive cleared my skin up for about a year when I was 12 and had very mild acne (maybe like 4 zits at a time), and now it doesnt work at all.

I have no idea why, but somehow it just lost its effectiveness.

It never worked for me. My cousin gave me her unsued portion cause it didnt work for her and she only gets the occasional pimple or 2.

hmmm my friend has been it using for about a year and his skin is totally cleared up now because of it. i dont understand how proactiv could just "backfire" on u guys and become uneffective. were you guys using the all the proactiv products including the 2.5%BP repair lotion, oil control, sulfur mask, toner, and cleanser?

I did it all, in fact I still have some of that sulfer mask left. I bought almost their entire line because at first I thought it was so great.

As for your friend everyones bodys and skin are different. Your friend was prob. lucky and was just clearing up anyways. Not everyone has acne for as long as most of us on this board.

Dont let these haters fool you, proactiv can be a very effective system..just like the regimen.

It kept me perfectly clear for about 3 years, from the end of 9th grade all throughout highschool. However it wasnt really helping after graduation when hormones kicked in. But for those years i was flawless, and i thank proactiv for that. And hey, if it doesnt work..well at least you tried it right?

Oy.

"Haters" ?

Are we in a rap video? If people have had experience with a product, then their feedback, whether positive or negative, can help people on this board make a more informed decision about what to buy. Like I've said a million times, an opinion can't be wrong, ever.

I tried Proactiv from the time I was 19 until I started accutane. I have suffered from acne since I was 13, and it worked at first, but then it stopped working for some reason. I was on it for 9 months, and when there were no results, I decided to go to a dermatologist. He told me it usually doesn't work on the majority of people. He had me decide my options...but he highly recommended me going on accutane. I am now on my 2nd month, and it is working wonders!

Zach

http://www.eze.tripod.com

After spending a total of almost $200 on a system that really never worked....I just turned to the Regimen which is working...

im on my second week with it so far and my skin is clearing up really well. I also apply vinegar on a cotton pad at night and use emu oil after the repair lotion. I also just bought proactiv advanced blemish control which is 6% BP which is great for spot treatment. I have also started drinking lemon water (4-5 bottles) and a cup of green tea daily which has seemed to help improve my complexion. Having a clean pillow case every night seems to improve my skin quality in the morning. wish me luck guys! As you can see i edited my regime up there if you want to use it.