Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Midnite8

My Options?

In the morning I only use a cleanser and that's all. I know I should be applying like BP or something but like I don't want to go to school with a shiny face or anything. I want to like apply it right after school but I know from evening to night, it's just not enough time for whatever I apply to work at its full effect. What are my options?

This is the exact same problem I'm dealing with. My acne looks less noticable when my face is dry but its not good, and if I apply a moisturizor my face looks oily.

Anyone have any ideas?

That's just a lotion, I almost never use any moisturizer or lotion because my skin is never dry from BP or any other product.

you could try a BHA or AHA. but either one may dry out your skin.

lol i am using an AHA.... look at my sig.... but yeah... im telling you, nothing dries out my skin.

lol i am using an AHA.... look at my sig.... but yeah... im telling you, nothing dries out my skin.

ok. then, try a BHA.

i use paula's choice -- it's pretty good.

ok. then, try a BHA.

Hm. My BP doesn't make my face shiny, in fact it almost gives it a matte effect. Granted, I use a cream, not a gel.

Also, if when you moisturize, your face looks shiny, it means that you've used too much.

You should moisturize after cleansing, when your face is as oil-free as possible. Then just dab on a little at a time and see how much you can use without getting shiny.

Moisturizing is really the best thing I can tell people for their skin; it's a layer of protection between your skin and the scary outside world, plus it will make your skin cells healthy and less irritated in general.

I have oily skin, and I moisturize twice a day!

ok. then, try a BHA.

gah.. what are you talking about??? im not really talking about bha or aha's and what not, re-read my post lol...

ok. then, try a BHA.

gah.. what are you talking about??? im not really talking about bha or aha's and what not, re-read my post lol...

See, the problem we're having is you're saying that you don't want to do anything but what you're doing.

I have said that I haven't found BP to make my skin shiny, so I don't see why you wouldn't use that in the morning. If you let it absorb fully, it shouldn't leave a shiny residue on the surface. If it does, that means you're using too much.

Also, why don't you apply the BP before bed, and keep it on all night?

Lots of people use BP as a night application. Just make sure you use white sheets, or sheets that you don't mind getting bleached!

Ok... ok... I'm going to explain this slooowly...

I only use a cleanser in the morning and go to school, at night I always cleanse, apply benzaclin and alpha-hydrox and leave it overnight. I do not know where you guys are going .......

you guys are confusing yourselves. just look at my signature sheesh

you should keep doing what you're doing. apply the benzaclin and alpha hydrox at night before you sleep and leave them on all night. you shouldn't apply anything when you get home from school.

Hey midnite, if you dont want a moisturizer that makes you shiny I suggest you use a gel in the morning, I use Moisture Defense Antioxidant Hydrating Gel (1 oz) by MD Formulations, It's a bit expensive but great for oily skin, and it protects your skin from free radical damage, it will also repairs your skin from the unwanted side effects of the benzaclin.

Basically your skin may not be dry but may be dehydrated, there is a big difference. When dehydrated, oily skin becomes oilier and dry skin becomes drier. No need to put moiturizer if you dont need it, just hydrate your skin, you will find it heals itself much quicker and glows!

And hydrate you body by drinking plenty of water 8-12 glasses a day, when your urine is clear, you blood is clean, and when your blood it clean it does its job of healing much better.

Noooo, I'm pretty sure we understood your regimen....we just didn't know what exactly you wanted us to say.

Did you want a suggestion of something you can use in the morning?

An affirmation that you're doing things correctly?

What?

Noooo, I'm pretty sure we understood your regimen....we just didn't know what exactly you wanted us to say.

Did you want a suggestion of something you can use in the morning?

An affirmation that you're doing things correctly?

What?

Well, my reply to that would be,

Yes, you can use something after school.

In fact, a few posts up I said, why not just use it overnight? That way it has plenty of time to sink in, and you're not worried about a shiny face.

I also said that if you get BP in a cream form, it shouldn't make your face shiny. As I said, I have oily skin and it actually makes my face dry looking. So, you could use that in the morning.

Well, in the morning I have benzaclin and dan's bp but those two are both in gel form. but if i use something after school then wouldnt it not be so effective because ill only have it for a couple of hours and then at night i will cleanse and apply things. at night i already apply the benzaclin and aha keep that on overnight.

Well, if you don't have problems with the way you're doing things (ie, skin is under control), then keep doing what you're doing.

Over-applying medications could just irritate your skin.

to the op-you dont have to be so snippy and rude. people are just trying to help but your posts were not really clear. i was also confused when i read your initial post. chill out and show a little gratitude to the people that replied to your thread with the intention of helping you.

^^ that you are wrong, I showed no intention of being rude and or snippy, I just thought it was funny how you guys replied to it.. so yeah.... drive through....

^^ that you are wrong, I showed no intention of being rude and or snippy, I just thought it was funny how you guys replied to it.. so yeah.... drive through....