Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I didnt end up doing either! I was going through a really bad day or so, thats why I asked. I never actually considered going on medicine... thats too scary, and I know I can handle any issues that come up on my own. But I've been right as rain on my own for a long while... I think I asked about medicine on a whim one day when I had a really bad breakout and somebody said something about my face. Hahahaha, why did I worry so much about other people's opinions, especially that day. God, that was a cruddy day... but I obviously dont need medicine, that just ridiculous, I handled it all on my own, Im def strong enough. And while Im in college, I've found other things to do than drink...! So a moot issue!

Alcohol and antidepressants DO NOT mix!

I have seen my husband and my mum mix them and they literally become someone else.

As said before, it only takes one or two drinks and it's like you've had 20 drinks.

My husband would nod off half way through talking and when he came to, he would start mumbling about something totally irrelevant to what was being said before. When I asked what he's talking about, he would flare up in defence, totally oblivious to his condition and state of mind. It made it very hard to live with someone like this.

My mum continually had bruises and was lucky not to break any bones or knock herself out from continually falling over, due to loss of balance. She also nearly burnt the house down once, because she passed out while cooking something on the stove.

Mixing alcohol and antidepressants in my opinion alters your state of mind to the point of turning you into someone you are not and making it very unpleasant and difficult to live with as a loving family member.

Thankfully they are both off the antidepressants now. Just my thoughts...

Yeah, can't imagine it's a good idea. I accidentally mixed my meds and alcohol a couple weekends ago and blacked out. Ended up puking all over my buddy's bathroom... and I mean everywhere.

Just out of curiousity... if I can't figure out this acne thing (as in I don't go back on accutane...), I need another help...

So I was wondering, anybody one antidepressants and drink? Anyone know if any in particular isn't as bad... as in not metabolized in the liver or what not?

Cheers

I used to do this a lot, it got to the point where I couldn't even pick up change from a shop counter because my hands were shaking so much. I went off my pills long ago because they effectively turned me into a deranged maniacal schizophrenic.

ok been on anti depressants a while and my take on the alcohol situation is, you have to be careful, you will get drunk quicker and you will be a different kind of drunk. Not to mention the fact that alcohol is a depressant and so will counter any benefit your tablets are doing.

But once you are careful , know your limits and stick to maybe just having something that isnt hard on your system then you can still have the odd drink.

If Im going out I have a couple of beers, nothing crazy. I stay away from shots, spirits and I usually am just fine. I get giggly, tipsy, never drunk and never sobbing my heart out, puking on the streets (happened once, never again)

Just out of curiousity... if I can't figure out this acne thing (as in I don't go back on accutane...), I need another help...

So I was wondering, anybody one antidepressants and drink? Anyone know if any in particular isn't as bad... as in not metabolized in the liver or what not?

Cheers

Well, I didnt end up doing either! I was going through a really bad day or so, thats why I asked. I never actually considered going on medicine... thats too scary, and I know I can handle any issues that come up on my own. But I've been right as rain on my own for a long while... I think I asked about medicine on a whim one day when I had a really bad breakout and somebody said something about my face. Hahahaha, why did I worry so much about other people's opinions, especially that day. God, that was a cruddy day... but I obviously dont need medicine, that just ridiculous, I handled it all on my own, Im def strong enough. And while Im in college, I've found other things to do than drink...! So a moot issue!