Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Do any of you gals use dove beauty bar?

I sorta want to switch from my purpose gentle cleanser to dove beauty bar.... I hear dove is great for the complexion =] Have any of you gals used dove before? How well did it remove makeup? Any breakouts?

Yep, I've been using it since January. I really like it, a lot! It lathers well and even removes Colorstay. It's gentle on my sensitive skin, and it's inexpensive.

edit: I use the Active Light version of Colorstay.

only on the body I get the non scented one it cleared up my chest , back acne pretty good.

Not for the face though it's too drying, you need something that adds moisture not dries your skin. It worked good on my face for about 3 months then it started to break me out and cause itchyness try it though:)

if u want a good cleaner go for neutrogena sensitive skin then get neutrogena normal cleanser for removing makeup.

Funny. I just used this soap tonight because I left my Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser in my other bathroom. Anyways, some of it got into my right eye and it stung so badly. It still stings and it has been more than 30 minutes.

It's a great cleanser. Just don't get it into your eyes. :cry:

Ohhh now I can't decide to use it on my face or not :( I bought the Dove SENSATIVE SKIN UNSCENTED kind.... it got good reviews on the ratings page of this website... but now you girls are saying its too drying :( Do you think it's too drying than my purpose bar soap (which i've been using for a couple years now up until last week)? Oh well, maybe i'll just use it on my body to shave.

i've been using aveeno ultra calming foaming wash and i really like it! i love the way it makes my skin feel! i also use revlon color stay.. and while i still use cold cream to remove it, i wash my face after with the aveeno cleanser and my skin always feels soft and fresh, with no tightness!

i'm also on tane and have been using this since i started... (over 2 months now!) and still don't have any redness or excessive dryness on my face!

i've been using the dove beauty bar on my body, and it's okay. nothing special. i've used the body wash too, and i think i like that better, but it's been awhile. i was using goat milk soap on my body before this and think i might go back. i just have really dry skin, and the dove isn't enough for me. even after slathering wtih cetaphil lotion afterwards, i'm still a bit itchy and flakey. if you have normal skin and use moisturizer afterward, i'm sure you'll be fine. :)

I use it on my face every now and then and haven't had any negative results (but I can get pretty oily lol) Actually when my face has a freakout from a products or eek picking I switch over to this instead of a bunch of medicated acne stuff and it helps alot in my experience with calmning the skin.

Idk, I'm happy with my johnson's head to toe babywash.

I do know that lots of the senior citizen ladies (I looked, they had nice skin) used it where I used to work.

Thanks for all your responses =] I decided i'll just stick to purpose soap since i've been using it for like 2-3 years now.. and I don't want to risk using something else. I'll use dove on my body though to shave and all that fun stuff =]

I never used to use any other cleanser besides cold cream at night, but I decided it would be better to remove the oil film it leaves afterall. I use the dove, mandy, it yeah it dries me out a bit but nothing a dab of moisturizer can't cure ;)

i thought it was bad to use a bar of soap on your face?

like the chemicles that keep it in the bar form are bad or something :P

but pfft,what do I know?

i really wanna try it though,ive heard lots of good reviews about it!

has any tried just plain ivory soap?

i thought it was bad to use a bar of soap on your face?

like the chemicles that keep it in the bar form are bad or something :P

but pfft,what do I know?

i really wanna try it though,ive heard lots of good reviews about it!

has any tried just plain ivory soap?

Mandy, maybe you should switch from Purpose bar to something else. Especially with this neverending rash you have.

Have you ever thought of using Purpose Gentle Wash? or the Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash?

Go ahead and give the Dove sensitive skin a try and see what happens. I've been wondering lately if something in the Purpose bar might be irritating your skin.

Mandy, maybe you should switch from Purpose bar to something else. Especially with this neverending rash you have.

Have you ever thought of using Purpose Gentle Wash? or the Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash?

Go ahead and give the Dove sensitive skin a try and see what happens. I've been wondering lately if something in the Purpose bar might be irritating your skin.

I know I"m late adding my thoughts but here it goes ....

Dove: I use the sensitive skin formula but only for hands, legs, feet, etc. When I have tried it for my face it stings my eyes too much for eyemakeup removal - and face chest and back tended to start getting clogged pores and small breakout after short term (few days) of use.

For body: I've started to really prefer the Equate brand (generic from Walmart) Baby Wash! It rinses so cleanly - but I haven't had the nerve to try it on my acne prone areas .. but for body ... wow .. and it smells so pretty and light. Washes my brushes and gets them soft and clean.

For face and acne prone areas: I use only Equate (walmart generic brand) Skin Cleanser GENTLE FORMULA. It is a copy of Cetaphil. I paid more than double for Cetaphil Gentle for years, but this Equate is every bit as good - and saves me tons of money. Great for shaving legs and underarms too - avoiding razor rash (especially if you use aloe on your legs / arm pits after you dry off). Years ago I used Purpose Liquid - it was more drying by far than this gentle stuff - although the purpose was okay. Neutragena of any kind always mades my skin worse. Granted, the Equate / Cetaphil Gentle cleansers don't lather - but as long as you expect it to feel like you're cleaning your face with a soothing lotion that doesn't lather you get used to being pampered by it really quick. :)

Hope something helps. :)

I just saw your other message about your skin getting red and irritated ....

I had a similar situation - I get like eczema if I wash my face and hair while in the steamy shower. It would last for half the day. My doc looked at it once and was baffled (but he was sort of a dork).

I stopped washing my hair and face in the shower - completely. I wash hair and face at the sink in just comfortably warm water. Then I never get red and blotchy and disgusting.

I can take a shower from the neck down - but even then it has to be relatively fast - the steam and heat really starts bugging my skin.

I've turned into a bath woman after many years of swearing I hated baths. Now I love them. lol. So I do my hair and face by the sink - then soak in a tub. Somehow the heat and steam from the tub never both me! Weird, I know - but maybe it is info that might help you?

Oh ! PS: I used to get ugly eczema that would weep - really gross - on the backs and insides of my ears. ( I know - yuck!) ... but I think it was from shampoo that would collect there and not rinse well. Ever since I started washing my ears with cetaphil gentle, and then sometimes I moisturize with cetaphil cream, and I skipped using regular shampoo I don't have that problem any more.

Me again! Sorry - I just thought of something else - if any of your products contain lanolin - see if your reaction stops if you stop using the products for a while. I couldn't use Eucerin lotions and creams because even their ultra refine lanolin made me react. (That's another reason I switched to Cetaphil cream) Many many lip balms, hand creams, face lotions, etc contain hidden lanolin. It's worth checking.

Me again! Sorry - I just thought of something else - if any of your products contain lanolin - see if your reaction stops if you stop using the products for a while. I couldn't use Eucerin lotions and creams because even their ultra refine lanolin made me react. (That's another reason I switched to Cetaphil cream) Many many lip balms, hand creams, face lotions, etc contain hidden lanolin. It's worth checking.

That's a good point. Mandy, the Coty Airspun powder does contain Lanolin. Maybe this is contributing to your irritation and rash?

well i really liked the dove sensitive beauty bar..it really improved my face...my face is extremely oily however which is y unlike many people here it didnt dry out my face? i stopped using it cause my face wasnt gettin any clearer just softer and more calmed down..i was and still am using tazorac..but now i incorporate oxy 10 bp wash..sounds harsh i know..but its a miracle in a bottle....my HG for acne busting!!