Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

Doubling my dosage? wtf?

I guess you'd call my acne moderate. I'm just wrapping up my first month on 40mg and my derm wants to double it to 80 for 4 months (5 total, I guess). The thing is, I'm like...125 lbs. And I told her this. But she said she thought I could handle it. o.O

Is this a good thing? I have very few side-effects now, but going up that high, I just don't know what to expect. Hopefully I won't experience another IB. That would suck.

Damn.

That's the dose I was on when I was (do not remember the exact weight) anywhere from 104-125 pounds.

That's the dose I was on when I was (do not remember the exact weight) anywhere from 104-125 pounds.

It's quite a bit higher than the whole estimated 120-150mg deal, but maybe if I can handle it alright it will only improve my odds of being "cured" that much more. I hope. What sort of side-effects did you notice?

I had dry lips and eyes. That's it! Some of my extant scars actually got better. By scars, I mean indented places, not red marks, as red marks are not scars.

It sounds high. I also started at 40 and stayed at 60 (I was like 135-140 lbs). But who knows that was 2 years ago and maybe it will help faster.

You will for sure, feel the difference. Use aquaphor all the time( not just when you remember). The symptom I felt the most was dry lips, they would bleed from time to time, in the middle of a conversation etc. No nosebleeds, but my initial breakouts came when my dosage was increased.