Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heres my story with acne...

....I used to get pimples on my back, chest , fore head and it got real ugly on the cheek areas...tried everything from soaps to creams almost everything on the acne face wash shelf , gels , creams , soaps , you name it....nothing worked....well now mostly all of my acne has gone away.....here and there i get a white head on my 4 head or my chin area but nothing serious like before ! right now i can say im clear in all those areas....i guess it all went away cuss i got older(im 27 btw).......but now im starting to get pimples under my chin area and around my neck area..i think its due to shaving more often and i have thicker hair and it grows back quicker...i think there razor bumps ....its not real bad i mostly get like around 1 pimple per week but persistant....ive tried diffrent shaving creams , gels , razors , and i still get them.....and im thinking about going on Accutane but i have a few questions for those who have taken Accutane

I hear you breakout when you are taking Accutane will i break out anywhere else on my face other than the places affected ?

I also read that Accutane will help with red marks on your face ..is this true ?

Ive read people taking 80 mg , 60mg , 40mg , 20mg doses. Do all this doses have the same side effects ? or is it the higher the dosage the more side effects you can get ? whats the diffrent between all the doses ? ....do all the doses cost the same ?

Mostly ive read you guys go a 5 or 6 month course ...how much money was that in those 6 months ?

Any info is appreciated

Thanks

Hey,

I went on accutane when i was in grade 10 (im 21 now) and my experience with it was pretty good. However, I must tell you that your acne will get worse before it gets better. The side effects may have changed but that was my experience, and thats what the doctor explained before i ever started taking the prescription. It does work wonders but in our case if you are only getting one a week i wouldnt reccomend it. and as for the cost it was my understanding it was quite expensive but im canadian and the drug plan covered almost all of it.

hope this helped a little

Hey,

I went on accutane when i was in grade 10 (im 21 now) and my experience with it was pretty good. However, I must tell you that your acne will get worse before it gets better. The side effects may have changed but that was my experience, and thats what the doctor explained before i ever started taking the prescription. It does work wonders but in our case if you are only getting one a week i wouldnt reccomend it. and as for the cost it was my understanding it was quite expensive but im canadian and the drug plan covered almost all of it.

hope this helped a little

thanks for the reply :dance: ..i dont want to go accutane i heard its crazy .....im looking for other oral meds that arent bad like accutane