Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_erin_

Wat happens if i use too much BP???

I started the regimen 3 weeks ago... im using 5% bp (cant find 2.5 ANYWHERE). my face was starting to clear up last week, but all of a sudden it started breaking out again. I upped the dosage to ALOT.... probably 2 finger fulls now. Does using alot of BP make my skin worse?? if i lessen the amount, will my face get better?? how much longer should i give this product without giving up??

PLEASE HELP!!! i hate going out, my face is horrible:(

Two full fingers of 5% BP will likely dry your face out really badly very quickly. Especially since you just started 3 weeks ago, I strongly suggest you cut back, at least to only using one finger.

Check out these links and read everything and you'll be much better informed on what to do/what to expect.

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/The-right...ou-t117898.html

too much BP is very irritating.. i find that dans method of applying the BP is also super irritating no matter how gentle when applying. our skin can only handle a quick and easy application of BP... dans BP is not strong enough for a quick easy application so I use a 3.7% BP and it works amazingly, less time consuming and most of all.. less irritating.

It's too much...you're over-drying the skin. Is it possible to get a 2.5% BP?

Back down to one finger, moisturize well, and remember that it can take months to see consistent results. It took me 3 months to see any results, and 5 to be consistently clear.

So if at the end of 3 months you are still breaking out as bad & see no real improvement, then see a derm. You might even want to make an appointment now as it can take time to get in.

It's too much...you're over-drying the skin. Is it possible to get a 2.5% BP?

Back down to one finger, moisturize well, and remember that it can take months to see consistent results. It took me 3 months to see any results, and 5 to be consistently clear.

So if at the end of 3 months you are still breaking out as bad & see no real improvement, then see a derm. You might even want to make an appointment now as it can take time to get in.

2,5% is quite impossible to get in some countries.. In the Netherlands(where i live) it's quite hard to get it.. i'd have to order it from the internet if i want it.That's why im using 5% as well.

From the start i've been using 0,5 of what Dan's is recommending to use since 5% is stronger and it seems to work very well.. no breakouts unless i go out drinking.

Um using too much BP will dry out your skin crazily, and might cause irritation and more breakouts.

Try asking your pharmacy about the 2.5%, i admit, first time i went in one to purchase they didnt have it, then i asked them and had them order one for me. So try asking them if they can order some for you.

^ I've also heard of pharmacies mixing 1 part 5% BP with 1 part aqueous gel base to get 2.5% BP. No idea how the texture of this works out, but you can ask for it.