Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santiago

other health issues besides acne

just curious as to what other health issues people with acne have, as i believe there

must be a connection between them, for example, i myself also have low blood sugar,

suffer with bad headaches every so often, and also blush/flush very easily, which i think

is to do with adrenalin, and also i have a super fast metabolism, never gain weight, my

teeth are weakening,had to have fillings, yet my mum and dad have pefectly strong teeth,

can all these be linked to 1 underlying problem?

just curious as to what other health issues people with acne have, as i believe there

must be a connection between them, for example, i myself also have low blood sugar,

suffer with bad headaches every so often, and also blush/flush very easily, which i think

is to do with adrenalin, and also i have a super fast metabolism, never gain weight, my

teeth are weakening,had to have fillings, yet my mum and dad have pefectly strong teeth,

I have acne, low blood pressure and sugar, fast metabolism... never gain weight, I flush/blush VERY easily... I have stomach issues as well.... sounds alot a like hey? :think:

I had the low blood sugar, the bad headaches, the blushing/flushing easily, the fast metabolism and never gaining weight. I was very similar to you.

I did find that they were all linked to one underlying problem and it was celiac disease (this even caused my acne).

After going gluten-free, all of these things slowly started to disappear, including the acne.

:lol: Well I have high blood sugar.

But I have the other things: fast metabolism, flush easily, sensitive teeth.

Neato.

And allergies :rolleyes:

I had the low blood sugar, the bad headaches, the blushing/flushing easily, the fast metabolism and never gaining weight. I was very similar to you.

I did find that they were all linked to one underlying problem and it was celiac disease (this even caused my acne).

After going gluten-free, all of these things slowly started to disappear, including the acne.

I've been tested for celiac, the results were negative. SHould I get tested again?

sensitive teeth, fatigue, asthma, i get allergies almost all yr round, leg bones hurt in the cold(maybe i should mention it to my doc). don't digest food easily.

had eating disorders...n although i dont have it anymore, it's always on my head .

I don't have a fast metabolism and do gain weight.

I do have headaches, but they are usually sinus related which could be food related. And As for the flushing, I have rosecea, although it's much better with the diet changes, supplements, and mineral makeup.

I've been tested for celiac, the results were negative. SHould I get tested again?

False negatives are common. For one thing, they recommend you eat gluten at every meal everyday for 2 months before a blood test or biopsy in order for it to be accurate. If I had to do that, I would probably die, lol.

There is another test which is accurate up to a year after eating gluten, but it's not accepted by all doctors or insurance companies. It's available here and it's the one I took: https://www.enterolab.com/Home.htm

False negatives are common. For one thing, they recommend you eat gluten at every meal everyday for 2 months before a blood test or biopsy in order for it to be accurate. If I had to do that, I would probably die, lol.

There is another test which is accurate up to a year after eating gluten, but it's not accepted by all doctors or insurance companies. It's available here and it's the one I took: https://www.enterolab.com/Home.htm

Well, the most current problem for me is hyperthyroid, go in for thyroid uptake test tomorrow and Tuesday. Pretty sure I have candida too, but one problem at a time.

One health problem that I have is that I have a weak immune system, I get colds pretty easily (I had 2 colds in just one month), although my diet is healthy. Does anyone else have this problem?

• Excessive sweating
  • Excessive hair growth
  • Blush/flush easily (as mentioned)

The sweating and hair growth problems are under control thanks to medication. Acne is not perfect though. I am certain I have some sort of hormonal imbalance (I am female). I would like to get it figured out because I don't want to be on medication for the rest of my life!