Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetaylor

Need a face cream for oily skin AND dry skin

Hey all

I generally have really oily skin, from my cheeks to my nose and forehead... ALL OVER! I need a face cream that can stop this oiliness but i usually put my cream on after i have my morning shower. After my shower my skin is really really dry and i need a face cream for drier skin then, ive tried using oily skin type creams after ive showered and they do not moisturise enough so i end up having to put loads on which makes my skin even more greasy.

Can anyone please recommend me some creams to use as I need to get rid of this oily skin. Its givin me lots of acne breakouts and im sure i can easily stop these breakout if my face wasnt so oily all the time and clogging my pores.

Thanks ppl

You could try Neutrogena Oil Free for Combination Skin. I tried it a long time ago, and I found it wasn't moisturizing enough for me (I have dry skin), but if your skin is a bit oily, it should take care of that.

Number one: Make sure you're using a sensitive skin cleanser or one that's made to cleanse gently. Cleansers/soaps made for acne-prone skin or oily skin are generally too harsh and stripping.

Make sure you're also using only warm water to shower in. Hot water will dry your skin out something fierce.

For moisturizing, I like Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizing lotion with SPF 15 or Dan's moisturizer. Anything by Olay is also highly recommended. Of course, Neutrogena makes magnificent moisturizers, too. Something with AHA would also give you a bit of exfoliation.

Lac-Hydrin Five a great moisturizer for those with oily skin. It absorbs really quickly, and moisturizes well without being greasy. Dan's moisturizer is also a great alternative, though it's only sold online.

I bought some Walgreens brand 8% AHA cream yesterday and I really like it. I have oily and dry skin at the same time too. I used it last night after washing and my face felt very soft this morning.

Cool thanks for the replies, ill have a look for some neutrogena / olay creams. The only thing about olay creams is that there are sooo many and all expensive - which one should I get?

I wanted to try out Lac hydrin 5 but as I live in the UK i cant find it anywhere, is there any online sites I could get it from?

Finally, is Dans moisturiser any good because I got his face wash and I didnt like it at all. It smelt strange and made me breakout. I use purpose gentle cleansing wash and i think its brilliant. It says its for normal/dry skin but even though my skin is oily it works wonders for me. It also hypoallergenic, soap and oil free and doesnt clog pores. It also says its gentle enough for sensitive skin. I think that because its gentle and oil free it still works great for those with oily faces like me.