Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
G0DLIK3

Who wants to party???! (HELP PLESAE)

I know your not suppose to drink while your on accutane. But next weekend is my buddies birthday and I'm obligated to party up at his college with him.

Were talking one week from tomorrow. Should I STOP taking the accutane like one or two days before I go up there and resume when I get back?? Should I stop taking it RIGHT NOW. Should I say screw it and take it when I'm up there???? :wall:

I'll be drinking alot friday, saturday, and sunday.

What do you think? :think:

I don't know, dude. They say 1 or 2 drinks is fine, but I've heard about people drinking on Accutane and getting really, really sick from it. If you've had a blood test recently and your liver function is fine, that's one thing. Just make sure you don't have a blood test coming up within a few days of the party, because I'm sure that'll affect the results big-time.

I don't know, dude. They say 1 or 2 drinks is fine, but I've heard about people drinking on Accutane and getting really, really sick from it. If you've had a blood test recently and your liver function is fine, that's one thing. Just make sure you don't have a blood test coming up within a few days of the party, because I'm sure that'll affect the results big-time.

Uhh bump bump lol

Also. I was out in the sun today and had ONE beer with a buddy, my "actives" got alot redder :/ was that because of the sun or the beer???

sun. fo sho'.

i drank with tane a couple times. didn't really do anything except my tolerance was low because i hadn't had anything to drink during the majority of my treatment.

don't overdo it but a beer once in a while isn't gonna kill you. remember your body only metabolizes 1 drink per hour WITHOUT tane, it's slower with it. the thing to be worried about are your TG levels... which can rise for a day or two after you drink.

stopping two days before the party isn't gonna make a difference, the accutane will still be in your body. I'd say just have one or two drinks per evening, see it as a nice oppertunity to practise having fun without getting drunk :)

I've been on accutane 6+ months now (80 mg at the moment) and I got drunk on my 21st b-day (a Thursday night) and then proceeded to get drunk that Friday and Saturday night (bachelor party).

I've limited myself since but I was fine those nights.

Let me also say that I did not drink at all before those three nights on accutane - but I'm sure that doesn't really matter.

I've been on accutane 6+ months now (80 mg at the moment) and I got drunk on my 21st b-day (a Thursday night) and then proceeded to get drunk that Friday and Saturday night (bachelor party).

I've limited myself since but I was fine those nights.

Let me also say that I did not drink at all before those three nights on accutane - but I'm sure that doesn't really matter.

Stopping accutane a few days beforehand will actually help, so says my derm. In any case, don't get wasted completely. Stop taking accutane right now is what I would advise.

Even better would be if you could contain yourself and not drink. But I see that's not happening.

I never really had a problem with drinking on Tane... I can only speak for myself though.

I didn't really change my drinking habits toooo much... I still went out about once a week, I just was more conscious of how much I was drinking, and would stop when I would start feeling drunk.

Just make sure you get your tests done every month.. your doctor will tell you whether you're abnormal

i didn't take that precaution of not drinking while on tane too seriously, i got smashed one night so bad i even vomited. They say that alcohol is outa your system in about 8hrs so it wont really show up in ur bloodtests if u have it a few days later. Just telling you its alrite, it's not like your gona die, but then again drink moderately and not so frequently :)