Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright so I've been using Dan's BP in the morning and tazorac at night, I also take doxycyline. I went to a new derm yesterday and he suggested benzamycin instead of plain Benzoyl Peroxide. But he also suggested I use it twice a day while continuing to use tazorac at night, he said to put on benzamycin before tazorac at night. Now I do not think I'm going to mix taz and benzamycin at night because I heard they will cancel each other out, or do they?

Right now I basically get small bumps on my face, I have 1 or 2 whiteheads at all times, but it's never a lot or none at all. If you turn the lights off it seems like I have pretty much smooth skin except for a few little bumps. My skin has gotten a lot better in the past 3 months but it's still not perfectly smooth and it's been like this for the past month, it doesn't get worse but it only gets slightly better if any.

So my question is, is it worth it so switch from BP to benzamycin? Also how exactly do I use benzamycin, same way as the DKR regimen?

Benzamycin is BP plus an antibiotic. So it will work better than BP alone - on inflammatory acne that is. However the BP strength in Benzamycin is 5%, which can be irritating. If you have trouble with inflammatory acne and the BP isn't doing the trick, the Benzamycin is worth a try. But if the pimples are never inflammed, you might just ask for a 5% BP gel if you are using 2.5%. Although you probably won't see much difference.

I have used Benzamycin since early May and it's really helped me a lot. It's drying, but it works. I know you can't mix BP with tretinoin (Retin-A) but you can with Differin. Not sure about the Taz. But using it twice a day plus Taz is a high risk of irritation or excess dryness. I myself use Benzamycin every morning, and then at night if I have a bad pimple I will spot treat it with Benzamycin right after washing, then wait 30 min and apply the Differin all over. I do have a lot of trouble with excess dryness when I do this though.

i have the same thing...taz at nite and benzamycin (which i just started using) in the morning..the only problem is the dryness!! but i just moisturize..im basically tryin out this regime for a month till i see my derm again...i hope it works because while my wonderful taz got rid of cystic acne i still have stubborn moderate acne to deal with! the bp just wasnt cutting it anymore...we will see

i have the same thing...taz at nite and benzamycin (which i just started using) in the morning..the only problem is the dryness!! but i just moisturize..im basically tryin out this regime for a month till i see my derm again...i hope it works because while my wonderful taz got rid of cystic acne i still have stubborn moderate acne to deal with! the bp just wasnt cutting it anymore...we will see

benzamycin is best used at night when your skin is regenerating anyways. i find anyways, then a very good moisturizer in the mornin i find neutrogena moisture for sensitve skin works great :)

i was using aveeno ultra calming lotion which is great but it stings a lil (due to spf im guessing) so i read up about using glycerin mixed with water..and i must say (with fingers crossed) that so far it is good..it really really hydrates my skin...it gives it a healthy sheen not an oily glow like most moisturizers tend to do...and it gets rid of ALL my flakies from the benzamycin...so im going to stick to this for awhile just to see how it goes.. :)