Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello. I'm a 20 yr old female and I've just moved away to college for the first time. Acne doesn't cause a problem nowadays. My derm is unsure whether I have a component of rosacea, as I have really sensitive, fair skin that is reddened by products, stress etc.

I am a panicky person by nature, but the past few months my panic has gone into overdrive. Especially now I am in an unfamiliar environment, living in dorm and meeting millions of new people. I know my skin would be so much better if I could just chill out, as being in a social environment, or even a slightly warm environment which would normally not cause me a problem, makes me panic and flush bright red. I can feel my whole face burning.

I simply cannot control my social anxiety. Any suggestions? I can't sleep without the aid of sleeping tablets. I am on Prozac for depression.

Thanks

Well there are medications to help with social anxiety, specifically. You might ask your psychiatrist about it. Otherwise...I used to be very shy. And I just got over it one day, I'm not really sure how. I just came out of my shell and stopped being so anxious. It happened right after my ex-husband was sent to Iraq. Maybe I came out of my shell because I had to. ?

i READ Somewhere SAD is caused by a dopamine deficiency. Dopamine is a chemical in your brain that creates emotions such as "Motivation" "Happiness" "Reward".

You can cure SAD if you study the problem. If you cant find the problem maybe there is no problem. Its all in our heads

Yes, therapy probably helps the most. I've had social anxiety for many years; I'm on medication and have a psychiatrist. The anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds do help to a certain extent, but therapy is what provides the most long-term relief. I would look into doing some counseling three or four times a month with a local therapist, which is exactly what I did when I went off to college a few years ago. It helped a lot!

Fuck therapy, forget drugs.

There is a simple way to bring down your anxiety to normal levels. My anxiety use to be out of control, id have panic attacks everywhere! I didnt want to go to therapy or take drugs, or listen to the doctors and their bullshit.

I found http://www.stresscenter.com/lucinda.htm.... its an anxiety program. All my anxiety, panic attacks, are non existent. When I was in a meeting, Id get dizzy, trouble breathing, I felt like dieing... But after listening to that program, I actually feel normal in those situations, hell I even tell myself to get a panic attack to use her methods.

If you msg me through acne.org, I can probably give you the secret in controlling your anxiety, I dont want to post it on here because shes selling and making money I guess.

I get this too. When I was in Uni it got worse. If I had to give a class presentation, or even speak out loud in class most times I would turn bright red and really hot and I could feel my heart beating in my throat. It happens if I'm around a bunch of people I don't know, if I'm put on the spot, or even if I'm in an elevator or something and I think people are looking at me. I'm seeing a therapist about this soon because I just developed it overnight somehow. If it gets to the point where you feel uncomfortable a lot, you could see a counselor at your Uni.

Oh i hate the blushing so much as well, i had it happen yesterday and today. The other day i gave a presentation and it was the best i'd ever done, but other times, i just get nervous and blush which in effect makes me even more embarressed. Such a vicious cycle...

Lol when i get over it, i may have advice for it...