Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on Accutane for going on 2 months, ive read over and over the effects of alcohol on the liver. Only thing that concerns me the most is does anybody else reach a point with alcohol where it is no longer you who is talking or acting, it goes straight to your head you can say. I use to be supposedly a happy drunk, and then go to sleep, but lately there has been 2-3 occasions in the past few weeks where I have no idea of what i did or said the night before, also acting very violent as in wanting to fight anybody sort of mad at the world you can say. I know what people might think light-drinker, etc. But even my family noticed this sudden craze, im ok when i dont drink though just sleeping problems. Anybody have any similar stories?

I've heard of getting drunk quicker on accutane but it hasn;t happened to me as far as I can tell. I think I must have become one of those magical alcoholics who never get drunk EVER; no matter what or how much I drink, I'm still ridiculously sober. Perhaps you should cut back?

Accutane lowered my tolerance while I was on it. It was pretty cool at first, but it didn't last long. :/

I've been off Accutane for a few months now and I'm back to normal. You should be okay after you've finished your course. Good luck

You should not drink on tane full stop. This will reduce the effectivness of tane and may not cure you. For any chance of a permanent cure you should complete the course and follow the strict guide lines on how to take tane and what not to take whilst on tane. No drinking for 4 months is not going to kill you.

No wonder so many people on here say they have done 2 or 3 courses of tane and have not been cured. They must be drinking on the course.

The only thing alcohol and accutane have in common is that they are both metabolized in the liver... it's crazy to think that alcohol reduces the effectiveness of accutane