Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoardinBillings

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar? Help.

some ppl say that it works for them, but i'm skeptical.

i don't know what mechanism it uses to combat acne.

From what I've heard, people who drink it don't really see results (but I've never tried this myself, so I don't know). What I have heard DOES work is putting it on your face, like a toner (diluted with water). I hear this works pretty well for red marks and comedones. Look up some of the ACV stuff on the mild to moderate board for more information on this.

I've never used it for acne, but I am a fan of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.

I drink it pretty much everyday, because it helps ALOT with my acid reflux. I was taking Prilosec OTC, but not anymore.

It's no magic bullet - but it's a reasonable type of vinegar. It's very acidic, and can cause wear the enamel on your teeth, and also burn your throat if you take it undiluted, and taking large doses over a long period could cause possible bone issues.

It's high in potassium which is good for digestion (among other things), it has an alkalising effect or rather, your body has to alkalise more when you consume this. Theres nothing "bad" in it, and if you get raw organic type then thats about as good as it gets.

Personally I actually prefer the taste of this - i like apples and cider so i guess i would. The only thing i've noticed from time to time is it gives me a runny nose - i'm not sure if it's trying to tell me something, or if thats just a semi random thing.