Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

I'm about to epilate my legs for the first time...

How are you epilating? (is that a word?..i dunno..lol)

Someone gave me an old Epilady ..it had a coil that spun, vibrated and was supposed to rip each hair out. I found it didnt work very well and was painful. Although, after a while I kinda like the pain and looked forward to using it.. :lol:

Is it a thingy like that?

Good Luck Mandy!..ripppppppp those suckas out...lol

Lol Blythe, are you sure you arent a sadomasochist? :P yeah its one of those things, the old one i had just about killed me....actually if anyone wants it, they are more than welcome to it ud just have to pay for postage! i bought it brand new and only used it once. Its a braun silk epil comfort, US voltage.

Good luck Mandy! let us know how it goes :)

I'm using a Philips Norelco epilator... and yep blythe, it's pretty much the same thing as an epilady =]

OOOOOOOMG it hurt O_O I only managed to get about 1/5 of my leg done before I had to stop. It wasn't so bad when I was at the bottom of my leg, but when I started moving towards my knee, OUCH! I'll be trying it again though... I hear that epilating hurts like a bitch the first time, but the more you do it, the less painful it is (I suppose kind of like sex! haha)

m00sie, how much do you want for your epilator? I'm planning on returning the one I bought because it didn't work as good as I wanted.. I hear the brauns one is amazing.

I don't get it: what's the point of these things if you have to go like

3 weeks all gross and hairy while you wait to use 'em?

Does it hurt a lot?

I bought the Phillips Satinelle Ice on the 9th - The first time I used it omg...ow. I got both legs to the knees, but 2 days later - stubble :| So I did it again, 4 days later - stubble. I'm not sure if this is how it goes at first, until you get all the hairs, or if it's just breaking them off.

The idea is that you pull all the hairs out at the roots and stay smooth for 1.5-2 weeks. I'm hoping it just takes a few weeks to get the pattern established or something. It IS painful - but not unbearable.

i just got the Braun 5270 Silk-épil X'elle for my bday. i know it was kinda pricey, but he got it at ulta. i think you find them on amazon for around $55. i used it on my armpits and it wasn't too horrible. hurt, yes. but not horrible. my legs were a little more painful, but i was able to do from the knee down and not stop. did a little in the bikini area after both pits and legs and stopped after a bit. i had had enough. all in all, yes it is painful, but so worth it to me. especially for my armpits. i can't shave them and was tweezing them cause waxing was to much of a hassle. so this is much faster.

I'd rather wax than ever use an epilator ever again...

I do wax the bikini area now and I just love how I don't have to do it but every two to three weeks. I must go buy more wax! One swift riiiiiiiiiip and you're done with that portion.

Ayla, you would have had regrowth so quickly because the hair is growing at different times. I think there are 3 (or 4) hair growth phases and the aim is to try and get all the hair on your body growing at the same phase...usually takes about 3 or so months to do this but once its all growing at the same phase then you should be hair free and smooth for around 3 weeks :)

Ayla, you would have had regrowth so quickly because the hair is growing at different times. I think there are 3 (or 4) hair growth phases and the aim is to try and get all the hair on your body growing at the same phase...usually takes about 3 or so months to do this but once its all growing at the same phase then you should be hair free and smooth for around 3 weeks :)

I have an epilady and have tried it many times and it just doesn't seem to work well.

I don't like that you have to wait until your hair is 1/4" to use it effectively.

Arghh stubbly legs, such a curse, mine grow back real quick too, I can't keep up lol. Good old razors are the best for me....if you can get past all the cuts ewww!

I do wax the bikini area now and I just love how I don't have to do it but every two to three weeks. I must go buy more wax! One swift riiiiiiiiiip and you're done with that portion.

If you arent getting a really close shave remember to exfoliate before you begin.

Weather that is dry brushing (my personal fav) or using an exfoliant scrub in the tub (or shower! I just wanted to say "scrub in the tub"). Let your legs soften from the water and warmth beforeeven lathering with shaving cream.

Shaving is a form of exfoliationso your skin can actually gack up your razor. It also dulls the blade, which is the last thing you want. :snooty:

Hope this helps! :)

To answer the wax question:

I used to use Surgi-Wax but they have changed the formula and I no longer use it; I have not even tried it since the formula changed. I have used Sally Hansen's Brazilian Wax kit with great success; I think I'll try it with some strips, too. It does not need strips, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea as it would help the wax maintain its shape and pull off more evenly. Er, I hope.

I have also used Sally Hansen's Lavender Spa Wax Removal Kit with strips and it works very well and it's so fast to use AND I found that I could re-use one waxed strip if I smoothed it carefully up to ten or so times in the hair growth direction, thus saving some good money! I'm a fan of waxing, but it does take a good long while to do. I'm thinking of purchasing an epilator, but I don't know...

The pain with waxing isn't so bad so I'm sure the epilators can't be so bad, but...epilators only rips out one hair or so at a time and seems like it would take so long.