Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkie

Acne clinic recommendations in LA?

I'm looking for a good skin care place here in LA where they do periodic facials and will give me a regimen that's right for my skin. Does anyone know any good ones in LA or have heard of good ones?

I'm looking for a good skin care place here in LA where they do periodic facials and will give me a regimen that's right for my skin. Does anyone know any good ones in LA or have heard of good ones?

Hi,

If you aren't able to find something in L.A., I have a recommendation that you might try. I go to an acne clinic in the San Francisco bay area that also works with clients long distance. They are amazingly good at treating acne - the esthetician who runs the clinic has a better than 90% success rate at clearing her clients. They are also very nice there, and really fabulous to work with. They are very "hands-on" with their clients, including those that are long distance. They have you fill out a questionnaire and send in pics of your skin. Then they send you a serum test kit to test your skin' sensitivity. Once they have those results, they tailor a regimen specified to your acne type and skin sensitivity. They recommend products, and send them to you. Then they follow up with you regularly (every two weeks in the beginning) to see how your skin is responding - that way if you are having problems they can adjust your regimen right away. They are also available for you to call in case you have questions or are having problems with a product. They also sometimes can recommend an esthetician or clinic in your local area that they will parter with so you can get facials as part of your treatment. If you are interested, this is their website: www.facerealityskincare.com

Hi,

If you aren't able to find something in L.A., I have a recommendation that you might try. I go to an acne clinic in the San Francisco bay area that also works with clients long distance. They are amazingly good at treating acne - the esthetician who runs the clinic has a better than 90% success rate at clearing her clients. They are also very nice there, and really fabulous to work with. They are very "hands-on" with their clients, including those that are long distance. They have you fill out a questionnaire and send in pics of your skin. Then they send you a serum test kit to test your skin' sensitivity. Once they have those results, they tailor a regimen specified to your acne type and skin sensitivity. They recommend products, and send them to you. Then they follow up with you regularly (every two weeks in the beginning) to see how your skin is responding - that way if you are having problems they can adjust your regimen right away. They are also available for you to call in case you have questions or are having problems with a product. They also sometimes can recommend an esthetician or clinic in your local area that they will parter with so you can get facials as part of your treatment. If you are interested, this is their website: www.facerealityskincare.com

Thanks for the rec, I appreciate it. I've read your posts about this before, my home is actually in SF but I'm in college now in LA. I looked online and came across 5 & 2 Beverly Hills Acne Skin Clinic (www.acneskin.com) with an aesthetician with 17 years of experience....I think I will try going here. Thanks again.

Good luck with the clinic you found - keep us posted on the messageboard on how it goes. It would be good to know about other quality acne services out there!