Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

HAI vs CHI

I am in DESPERATE need of a new flat iron. I've been using remington wet to straight for a couple years now and i'm starting to hate it... it makes my hair EXTREMELY dry and fried and it doesn't even straighten that good without going over a chunk of hair a bunch of times.

I decided i'm going to shell out some cash on a new straightener so my hair looks better and so I can save time when doing my hair. Right now, I can't decide between purchasing a Chi or a HAI because I hear such great things about both. What do you recommend?

Suntachi is the best I've ever used (my hairdresser uses it).

After that I'd say CHI and SEDU are tied.

I'd go with CHI but I'd make damn sure it's an original. When I was looking at some on eBay a lot of ads are deceiving-watch out for "deals".

Go with the CHI.

I've seen it make ringlets into flat flat flat hair. I have a Remington too, and for some reason the enamel eventually comes off on EVERY SINGLE ONE. Annoying...

I am buying the Chi. But I am getting the Turbo one so I can change the heat setting. CHeck out this site Mandy: http://www.misikko.com/fachitu1in.html

If you get a CHI off the net..even Folica.com you wont get a 1 yr warranty for the iron. Sooo... this site give you a 1 year warranty for the CHI. I emailed them bout it n they said if it breaks or whatever in a year then they send u a new one. Great deal I think! I am getting it as soon as my credit card comes in the mail!

EDIT: ohya..and free shipping and i think its like a.. 30 day back thing 2?

GHD's are pretty darn good! but i have a feeling that your CHI brand is very similar, GHDs are european i think??

Usually the expensive ones come with a longer warranty though which is always good. I do know however that GHD's are made in the same factory as a cheaper straightener which is equally as good so yeahm do some research and you may be able to get a cheaper brand that is just as good :)

To get the CHI warranty you have to get it from a salon. I read that on the net somewhere. I cant find the site though. But they are pretty expensive in salons b/c I have called acouple from around here. And on that site I provided earlier, you can actually extened the warranty to 2 year or even 3...but of course it cost lotsa money!

they are hella expensive! check em out!

I have heard corioliss flat irons are pretty good. idk. check out the reviews. i was gonna get one but im like nahhh imma get a CHI since everyone loves em it seems like. and a lot of salons use em n stuff.

There's another brand you should take a look into: http://fhiheat.com/main.html

Called FHI, apparently FHI is used by runway models. Their best flat iron model is freaking expensive though, somewhere around $400 dollars. Their website is great, it has videos, and also takes you through an interactive tour of how the products are made (I reccomend clicking on "Technology" and watching the video). There are cheaper flat iron models available under FHI.

They have something called "ICHS" heating technology which they say separates them from their competition (at least in their best flat iron model - "runway").

I just wanted to say that I ordered the Turbo Chi 1" from that site I put on this thread before. I will leave feedback ASAP!

CHI is excellent....mine lasted for about 5-6 years. I have a Corioliss now & I love it just as much. They usually come with a 1 year warranty. But yeah, it's going to run you about $150.

My hairdresser uses a Paul Mitchell ceramic flat iron & they sell them for about $75 in her salon. She does a great job on my hair with it; but then she's a pro....