Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ligyron

skin always dry in the morning after shower

hi. in the night, i wash my face quickly with spectro gel, then apply BP, and then moisturize. when i wake up the next morning, my face is slightly dry, but after i take a shower and the water dries off, my face is really dry and flaky, and i always have to apply moisturizer. is anyone else like this? is it because of the temperature of my showers? (i take tolerably warm 10 minute showers) or am i not applying enough moisturizer before bed?

also, i'm using clean & clear's 5% BP, anyone have any experience with this?

OK here's the deal. Apply your moisturizer while your face is still damp from shower. Dry off everything else except your face. This WILL help your skin to absorb the moisturizer very quickly. My derm suggested it.

OK here's the deal. Apply your moisturizer while your face is still damp from shower. Dry off everything else except your face. This WILL help your skin to absorb the moisturizer very quickly. My derm suggested it.

that's a great idea, i never thought of doing that. i dont like applying moisturizer to a dry face because it doesn't apply very well and it feels like i could be irritating acne.

does it need to be a certain "water safe" moisturizer? i'm using Clinique M lotion daily hydration for normal to dry skin

Most moisturizers wouldn't mind water, as most have water as one of their ingredients. It's a good idea. It works nicely with mineral oil in the shower, too, on the body. It helps seal in some of the moisture and your skin feels oh so wonderful when you get out. :)