Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hope1

Accutane and Initial Breakout Phase

I'll be starting Accutane next week and I am worried about the IB everyone talks about. I asked my Dr about it and she said she has never had anyone get worse before they get better. When I saw her last she also said that most people get better right before they begin taking Accutane. It's been quite a struggle but I have cleared up. But that she would still recommend I get on the program because it might come back. I agree with her. But I am still concerned about the IB. Has anyone been fortunate enough to NOT to go through the IB phase? Please give me your experience or thoughts on this. Thanks for any comments!

I never had an IB... I knew before the treatment I wouldnt have one either... just a feeling...I didnt have "that kind" of acne. Its hard to explain, but not all acne is created equal. I think possibly the severe kind MAY be more prone to having the IB just from what Ive seen. But thats pure speculation. I started getting much less redness within just 5 days.

I've already gone through 2 severe breakouts and I've only been on it for about 40 days (80mg). I have moderate/pretty bad nodular (cystic) acne, deep and quite a few at a time. I took a almost before picture but my battery died in my camera so I can't show yet.

It's pretty bad but they go away fast. You can almost watch them dry out. It's pretty tough, the dryness will kill you. My lips can never get enough moisturizer. My derm suggested Aquaphor to use on your lips. Idiot me put it on my whole face. Hahahahaha. I probably caused my two IBs!!!

I'll be starting Accutane next week and I am worried about the IB everyone talks about. I asked my Dr about it and she said she has never had anyone get worse before they get better. When I saw her last she also said that most people get better right before they begin taking Accutane. It's been quite a struggle but I have cleared up. But that she would still recommend I get on the program because it might come back. I agree with her. But I am still concerned about the IB. Has anyone been fortunate enough to NOT to go through the IB phase? Please give me your experience or thoughts on this. Thanks for any comments!

It seems like most of the people who go through IB are on a higher dosage (80 mg/day). Did your derm prescribe you 40 mg/day? Just curious

yea....I had a horrible initial breakout around 2.5 months that lasted about 2-3 weeks. Don't worry though, it isn't forever. My skin is finally starting to clear up during month 4.