Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest delta force operators

essentially what are red marks?

what are red marks and what type of acne leaves red marks?

arent redmarks essentially superfical surface scars? and the redder they are the more likely they are scars?

I thought I read on here that they were broken capillaries or something, according to some doctor, but I don't know. I'd also like to know what they really are. Some of them fade quickly and some have faded very little in months!

Red marks are not scars, they are pseudo-scars. Meaning they are temporary. Once they are gone no trace of it will remain. Although if it persists beyond a year it is considered a scar at that point I believe.

i believe if the red mark gets infected it will scar also?

wait is it really factual that if the red marks persist over a year its a scar? wow. My red marks have been there since probably 8 months and they havent faded a noticeable amount =\ i never knew there were red marks that could look exactly like scars. or am i wrong...?

wait is it really factual that if the red marks persist over a year its a scar? wow. My red marks have been there since probably 8 months and they havent faded a noticeable amount =\ i never knew there were red marks that could look exactly like scars. or am i wrong...?

red marks that last over a year are not scars. they're just tougher red marks..... sometimes there is a skin colored flat scar beneath it that can only be seen easily after the red is gone....

They are called macules. You can always apply Zincofax 40% cream to any post acneic red marks and in a weeks time they will be gonzo. Just apply at bed time after cleansing your face but make sure to place a towel on your pillow case as this cream is a thicker consistency. Its the same cream that mothers apply to their babies bottoms for diaper rash and trust me...works like a charm.

No, it is not necessarily a scar. But in dermatology I believe they treat it as such if it persists beyond a year. It could still go away after a year, for sure. Everyone is different. I have some red marks that have been there 5 months now and haven't faded much at all. But MOST red marks should fade and MOST scars should finish remodeling themselves in 12 months or less according to my dermatologist. There are some extenuating cases though, where red marks fade but they take 2-3 years to do so. And brown marks can take this long to fade too. And also, true scars (not red marks) continue to improve over the years for some people, while they don't improve much for others. It all depends on the person.