Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rachk3315

BP and Redmarks

I have noticed since I started doing the regimen 3 weeks ago that it seems like the red marks I have are getting worse and the pimples that have gone away stay redder than usual? Is this a common side effect of BP?

Some people would swear this is true and pretty normal, though I haven't really noticed my acne marks taking longer to heal. If you're concerned about it, try adding in a strong AHA lotion to the regimen once you've been using the full amount of BP for a couple of weeks and seem to be tolerating it fine.

Some people would swear this is true and pretty normal, though I haven't really noticed my acne marks taking longer to heal. If you're concerned about it, try adding in a strong AHA lotion to the regimen once you've been using the full amount of BP for a couple of weeks and seem to be tolerating it fine.

I have the same problem, should I apply aha before or after the bp? Also, is it to early to add an aha in, i'm on my fifth week.

I'd wait a couple more weeks before adding in AHA, but then go ahead. Use AHA lotions after BP during your moisturizing step. Some AHA lotions are moisturizers too (like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion or Lac Hydrin 5) so you can do the AHA and moisturizer all in one, while others might not be moisturizing enough. In those cases you'd want to use a very thin layer of the AHA lotion and follow that up with a normal moisturizer. Also, go easy with AHA, don't do it more than once a day and do it every other day if that's even too much, or else you'll make your skin pretty tender.