Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lilybbloom

Lily's Accutane Blog - starting 9/19!!

DAY 1

So today is the big day.

I'm posting a picture of myself below, so you can get an idea of how bad my skin is. I guess you would classify it as mild to moderate acne, I really don't know. If you can't tell from the picture, my acne is only on my t-zone -- chin, nose, forehead, and area between my nose and my cheeks (below my eyes). My forehead is really bumpy and is mostly just tiny little bumps that never go away. The only place I get actual whiteheads or big pimples is my chin area. The area below my eyes is mostly just enlarged pores.

I'm taking 20mg twice a day (40 mg in total). I weigh 54 kg and I'm 21 yrs. old.

I've gone out and stocked up on stuff I guess I'll need - carmex, eye drops, nasal lubricant spray, moisturizer with spf, etc. I really hope the side effects are kept to a minimum!

So ... hopefully this blog will help anyone with mild acne who is wondering about going on accutane. :D

post-63214-1190215494_thumb.jpg

post-63214-1190215494_thumb.jpg

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey Lily,

I'm also on 40 mg and currently on day 15 (OMG - I can't believe it's already day 15!!).

Good luck, I wish you clear skin!! :)

Robyn

Sup lily...i was searching through accutane logs and it is kinda interesting that we have a few things in common

1) I'm 21 yrs old with mild acne weight about 60 kg

2) Started Accutane 40 mg a day same date as you 9/19/07 will never forget this date

3) Popped my first pill two days ago...then screamed, "THE FUKK" as an excitement

4) My g/f name is also Lily

5) Good Luck to me and U cuz it will work...the derm's secretary told me with force while deciding whether or not I should take accutane, "TRUST ME, IT WORKS"

Hey lily, 26 year old male, just started Tane 3 days ago at 40mg.

Wish you success with your treatment. I'll check in on your progress.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

DAY 13

I meant to write in here more frequently, but I got back to college last week, had to move into my new apartment, etc.

Anyway, so far I'm pleased with accutane. My lips have indeed been annoyingly dry, as have my scalp and eyes. My face is also peeling a tiny bit too, which I'm sure will get worse as time goes on.

On the upside, I haven't had any 'initial breakout' (although I suppose I could still have one) and my face actually looks clearer. My forehead is somewhat smoother and the rest of my t-zone area looks better than it has in a while.

So I hope that it continues on this way ... question for you all: if my face is clear within a couple months, do I have to stick with the entire 4 months, or is 3 all right? I'll probably jinx myself by saying that but I just wanted to check.

Hope your accutane experiences are going well!

Day 15

Nothing much to report except I never really had a problem with blackheads being apparent, but now it seems like they've all come to the surface on my nose ... it doesn't look awful, but if you really focus on my nose it looks like little grainy spots all over it. Is this normal?

Guest AcneProne_1977
Day 15

Nothing much to report except I never really had a problem with blackheads being apparent, but now it seems like they've all come to the surface on my nose ... it doesn't look awful, but if you really focus on my nose it looks like little grainy spots all over it. Is this normal?

Day 19

Well, my face isn't really peeling as much as I have these white things that seem to pop out of my pores ... I guess my skin is purging or something. It's only on my nose area and it's not very noticeable, so it doesn't bother me that much. But it's kind of gross.

Also, the inside of my nostrils hurts SO much, it's so dry in there and I'm getting little sores in one nostril. I'm always paranoid about nose bleeds, though I've only had one since going on accutane and it was 2 weeks ago.

My eyes have also been very dry, so I've been using visine. I apply carmex on my lips constantly.

But overall, the side effects have really not been bad. My skin does look a lot better than when I started, and I hope to see more improvement as time goes on.

Hope everyone else is doing well and coping with the side effects :D