Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adam_gray

Need help on a moisturizer!! (please)

Hello! (first post :D )

basically i used to use clean and clear dual action moisturizer which worked incredibly well, i was using a 2% sacilylic acid cleanser and then 10% bp... this was before i knew about ingredients, and my skin cleared to 99% clear and was perfect for many months, but recently i got quite badly sunburnt, and still used the same products.. and basically ive been on/off with breakouts for about 3 weeks... skin would get better.. then worse, ive come to the conclusion its the sacilylic acid thats the problem, the skin on my chin would visibly loose layers (only in some places) and id get a red bump there.. so im thinking my skin is being worn too thin by this. so ive changed now to a cleanser without it (simple) which works really well, oxy on the spot 2.5% which seems to be doing the job, and my moisturizer is simple light hydrating moisturizer... which is doing the job, but it gives off a little bit of a shiny look.. not too much, but still shiny... i apply to my neck too even tho theres no acne there, usually left over blobs in my hand, so i tested and touched my neck and the oil that comes off isnt very nice, my fingers are left oily afterwords.

sooooooo anywho, does anyone reccomend a moisturizer that moisturizes but doesnt leave u looking shiny? it doesnt have to be paticularily strong, i dont get flaky skin anymore, just a tiny bit dry (was really bad when i started with 10%) so i just want one that leaves me looking... natural/normal :P

any helps greatly appreciated! (id love to go buy it today :> )

thanks

What about Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream? It's a favorite of our UK members.

Thanks, i'll take a look into it tommorrow! though my skin does not flake at all.

i went out and got some oil free neutrogena one, didnt realise it had salicylic acid till i got home :s went out and got another one, nivea oil free shine control as someone recommended it to me, will use it tonight!

The one in my regimen is good and it doesn't break me out at all and its not that expensive aswell, if you have real bad dry skin though i'd go for the eucerin one but if not this one will be great. :)

The one in my regimen is good and it doesn't break me out at all and its not that expensive aswell, if you have real bad dry skin though i'd go for the eucerin one but if not this one will be great. :)

argh why are things so complicated, it was such a simple time for the last 5 months :( waah. so simple light hydrating was way too oily for my skin, i then tried nivea oil free one (with SA) and my face went really red. so today i tired nivea shine control mattifying.. and my face is kinda red from it too (tons of ingredients, stings a bit but red face all day today) and i dont like the feel of the mattifying part. im really tempted to just go buy clean and clear dual action again, its amazing it gives u the perfect look, not greasy at all :s but i believe sa is what gave me this ridiculously bad breakout in the first place. i was so lucky the first time with my bp+moisturizer.. now i feel lost :P eurocerin (however its spelt) seems good but i have 0 flakes on my face as ive used bp for ages, i dont have dry skin either, face just feels tight (guess that is dry :P ) but no dry skin visibly.

here's what i use (yeah guna list all ingredients, just wana get the right products, bored of this stress.. my acne isnt even that bad)

my new cleanser is Simple refreshing facial wash gel

no perfume, no colour, 100% soap free, ph balanced, pro vitamin B5

ingredients : aqua, cocamidoprophyl betaine, proplyene glycol, hydroxpropyl methylcellulose, sodium chloride, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglcinate, sodium hydroxide.

any opinion/can anyone tell me if it's ok? :)

my BP is oxy on the spot (i used to use oxy 10 with no problems but heard 2.5 is as effective with less irritation) so shud be fine.

argh basic moisturiezer still needed. oil free, non pore blocking... and basically non bullshit containing, just need basic moisturizer now.

help greatly appreciated!

final note is that my skin was better without sa products... atm my chin brokeout like crazy after using sa+bp then sa again.. worst breakout of my life, slightly better now in the healing phase. hopefully the few moisturizers ive used aint made me worse :s red face man atm!

loveeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

.. and if anyone cares, this is what ur skin will be like if u use sa+10% bp+sa

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture021oc7.jpg

me a month ago (guy in the middle)... i cudnt ask for anything more, my skin was terrible in myt early teen years, and the last 2 years its been a bit better, but very consistent+sometimes bad flareups.. and in the same year i went to that, id say thats like 90% + clear?! sadly for some unknown reason i can no longer use the same prooducts.. moral of the story is, dont get sunburnt+apply sa bp sa then get more sun then apply stuff again, ur skin wont be able to recover :>

yeah this was a se cret bumpage i need a moisturizer in the next 20mins so i can run buy it.

just basic one, i dont want a red oily face, just a simple setting moisturizer to hydrate me! pleaaaase