Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twoism

Scarring on Penis

Ok, Let me begin by saying i know this subject isn't necessarily related to acne, and i understand if it gets deleted, I know this isn't a sexual health message board, but it's just I have been a member of these boards for over two years now and feel that on the whole, people on here are quite caring and compassionate, and i really don't know where else i could seek help from regarding this issue, apart from my GP. Anyways, like i said, I understand if this gets moved/deleted whatever, but if any of you mods feel it's within reason, please don't delete it. Also, i've tried to be as anotomical as possible, and not overly descriptive so as not to offend.

Ok, now i've got the disclaimer out of the way, I'll get to the topic on hand, or on penis should i say! :lol: anyways, basically i have what i assume is a load of scar tissue on the inside of my foreskin, I can sort of remember an incident when i was younger which may have caused it, but i'm not entirely sure if it was the cause of the scar tissue, needless to say it's quite embarrassing :redface: . Its like some clusters of raised scarring, which unless you'd been informed beforehand, you could possibly quite assume it is some sort of STD, talk about a passion killer! :doh: But you can only see it when the foreskin is pulled back. I have to say, i'm not certain it is scar tissue, but seeing as it's been there for years pretty much the same, i can't think what else it could be. Now i want to do something about it, but i don't really know where to begin, the only option that i've seriously contemplated is circumscision, which may be a bit drastic, but believe me, this is something i really want to get dealt with! If anyone can offer any advice (of the medical kind) or just re-enforce my opinion that circumscision might be the best route than please leave a comment and offer me some help! Well i hope this post dosen't get deleted, and i understand if it rasies a smile as well, cause you know i'd probably have a little chuckle if i read it too, Thanks for the help!

I'd suggest a visit to your GP, really. You need an exam to determine if the scarring really is scarring and isn't symptomatic of something else. You don't need to post a picture of the scarring. ;)

Well, Thankyou for the advice, i guess seeing a GP would be a good idea, but i've had to get the old chap out before at the GP, and i can remember it being a bit embarrasing! but i'm sure they wouldn't bat an eyelid. I'm just worried that they'll tell me to do nothing about it, and not give me any advice! :( I thought i'd skip on the pictures, for your sake and mine! :D

All this talk of needling and laser re-surfacing is making me grimace, thats a pretty sensitive area down there!

Hold on!

No pun intended!

However, if you say you can only see it when the foreskin is pulled back isn't a cicumcision the worst thing you could do??? Go see a doctor (trust me, they've seen EVERYTHING) and ask them to tell you what's going on. I'm sure there is some forum where you could post a picture, but this probably isn't it... You say it is raised bumps, it could just be sebaceous material as I have heard that uncircumcised males sometimes have this. Maybe a good dermatologist can take care of this for you and it will be just a memory. Don't be shy with the doctors!