Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shesadreamer1

I am going crazy

I don't know what is going wrong... I went down to putting 5 % BP on my face instead of 10% in order to decrease the flaking and dryness. It did decrease them a little. I am also using Aveeno moisturizer. But ever since friday, I have been waking up with zits everywhere... On my chin ( WHICH I NEVER GET) on my forehead, and on my cheek, it looks horrible... Am i allergic to something? I have been on both these things since mid July now so I dont know what would be going on. I NEED SERIOUS HELP....any help.

thanks....

-losing all hope

Any changes in your diet, the weather, makeup products, anything at all? An illness, perhaps? Even a cold can make the skin more susceptible to problems.

What type of soap or cleanser are you using? What else is part of your regimen?

Allergies or sensitivities can develop, you may need to change your moisturizer. BP as an allergy would involve blistering and extreme redness, so it does not sound like a BP allergy, but it could be a reaction to the moisturizer. Some people do react to some moisturizers even when they've been using them a while. :(

Have you been using the BP all over? It's best all over rather than as a spot treatment. The decrease in strength could have been enough to make your skin decide to break out a bit.

never lose hope with this condition.

all acne is treatable with or without oral medication. Try to get clear about that first.

...sounds like you need to go see a professional to get you moving in the right direction....

I don't know what is going wrong... I went down to putting 5 % BP on my face instead of 10% in order to decrease the flaking and dryness. It did decrease them a little. I am also using Aveeno moisturizer. But ever since friday, I have been waking up with zits everywhere... On my chin ( WHICH I NEVER GET) on my forehead, and on my cheek, it looks horrible... Am i allergic to something? I have been on both these things since mid July now so I dont know what would be going on. I NEED SERIOUS HELP....any help.

thanks....

-losing all hope

Which brand of BP are you using? Some formulations are better than others.

thanks....

-losing all hope

My dermatologist has prescribed me "Hydroalcoholic Base BP 5% Acne Gel" It contains 5% BP, 12% alcohol, magnesium aluminum silicate, hypromellose, citric acid, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate and purified water.... What do you think about those ingredients?

thanks....

-losing all hope

My dermatologist has prescribed me "Hydroalcoholic Base BP 5% Acne Gel" It contains 5% BP, 12% alcohol, magnesium aluminum silicate, hypromellose, citric acid, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate and purified water.... What do you think about those ingredients?

Those look ok. I think most of the prescription BP's are. Its just a few of the OTC products that are problematic.

Any changes in your diet, the weather, makeup products, anything at all? An illness, perhaps? Even a cold can make the skin more susceptible to problems.

What type of soap or cleanser are you using? What else is part of your regimen?

Allergies or sensitivities can develop, you may need to change your moisturizer. BP as an allergy would involve blistering and extreme redness, so it does not sound like a BP allergy, but it could be a reaction to the moisturizer. Some people do react to some moisturizers even when they've been using them a while. :(

Have you been using the BP all over? It's best all over rather than as a spot treatment. The decrease in strength could have been enough to make your skin decide to break out a bit.

I am using Purpose Cleanser.

And yes, i do use BP all over.