Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JnC73

What to do when the low dose is working and i'm suppose to double it in 3 days???

Okay, so i've been on 30 mg of Sotret for almost a month now. During the 2nd week I went through a slight IB stage. This past week I have no actives! :dance: Skin looks much better and the red marks are slowing fading. I have a derm appointment on friday and i'm suppose to have my dosage uped to 60mg a day. I'm wondering if I should ask to stay on 30mg since it is working for me. I am nervous to double my dosage and have another IB stage which results in more red marks and possible more scarring.

This is my second course i've taken in a little over 3 yrs. I don't remember being clear in the first month last time.

Has anyone been in this situation??? :eh:

Thanks all!!

~Jessica

unfortunately it doesnt work that way... you should move to the higher dose.... a low dose will clear you during the course... but it will come back... in my experience... after my 2nd course at higher dose for 6 months... i had perfect lasting results on my face...

if you acne is localized on your face, tane has a pretty good chance permanent remission.

higher dose = better chance for acne gone forever..

if you stick to a lower dose, you prob have to take multiple courses or do it for a year, rather than 5 months...

you'll find your face less sensitive... and basically all you need to do wash and apply lotion 1 day...

regarding IBs, you shouldn't worry after my 2nd course IB are usually short and clear pretty quickly (which should be the case for you since your clear already) , i would say the chance for scarring is minimal... i had pretty similar results like u on the 2nd course... as far as i can recall... 2nd course IB was a non issues... if i did break out...it cleared too fast for me to notice... 2nd course i think i was 40 1 month.... then up to 60mg-80mg...after that...

unfortunately it doesnt work that way... you should move to the higher dose.... a low dose will clear you during the course... but it will come back... in my experience... after my 2nd course at higher dose for 6 months... i had perfect lasting results on my face...

if you acne is localized on your face, tane has a pretty good chance permanent remission.

if you stick to a lower dose, you prob have to take multiple courses or do it for a year, rather than 5 months...

you'll find your face less sensitive... and basically all you need to do wash and apply lotion 1 day...

regarding IBs, you shouldn't worry after my 2nd course IB are usually short and clear pretty quickly (which should be the case for you since your clear already) , i would say the chance for scarring is minimal... i had pretty similar results like u on the 2nd course... as far as i can recall... 2nd course IB was a non issues... if i did break out...it cleared too fast for me to notice... 2nd course i think i was 40 1 month.... then up to 60mg-80mg...after that...

tt55-

Thanks for your reply. You are right. I definitely don't want to be on a low dosage for a year. I will suck up the 5 months. It's reassuring when someone has also been through a similar experience and can share their results.

How long have you been clear on your second course?? Thanks again ;)

tt55-

Thanks for your reply. You are right. I definitely don't want to be on a low dosage for a year. I will suck up the 5 months. It's reassuring when someone has also been through a similar experience and can share their results.

How long have you been clear on your second course?? Thanks again ;)

yea dont make the same mistakes i made ;) my derm was pretty conservative....

i was clear for like 10 years... had the occassional breakout which i controlled with retin-a and tazorac...

another problem with topicals is sometimes your body can get used to them, and they dont work anymore :(

unfortunately... last year it came back on my chest... so i am taking another course...

i got 1 month left in this course... i was on 80mg most of the time... but i was still breaking out 1 or 3 pimples... not really bad... if i had it too do again i would have gone up to 100mg... i kinda have a feeling that i wont clear complete on this course...

yes, like others said, you have to double it like your derm said. there is a reason she wants you on 60mgs. it doesn't matter if the 30 is working for now. the point is to get remission after you stop taking the accutane.