Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I am new to posting on the forum but have been browsing for a while.

I am two weeks into the regimen and it is working well.

I am currently looking for a AHA moisturiser in the UK and am having problems finding a suitable one.

I have however, found one on the internet and wanted feedback on it, if anyone had used it or if they have any idea if any of the ingredients within it are likely to cause me to breakout. I can not find any mention of it anywhere else on the forum.

http://www.lookgr8.co.uk/index.php?main_pa...fc448d8b8e0cb0e

The ingedients are:

Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerincarthamuis Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside Sorbitol, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) Peg-100, Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E Acetate), Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Ceteth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta,Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3) Fragrance.

I also just wanted to say that I am not planning to start using this soon as I know it will effect my skin as I am still getting used to the BP but just wanted some help/advise for the future.

Thanks

i have a similiar product, that being perfect skin's 10% glycolic moisturiser.

It stings a bit, and it's too much to use in conjucntion with BP, i've been using it for about 3 weeks now with mixed results, i'm still not sure if it was worth the money to be honest, i don't use it every day anymore but i spose there has been some improvement, just it's too damn expensive for my liking.

There have been various good feedbacks on lookgr8's products, but if you're doing the regimen and using a lot of BP, I don't think even a 10% glycolic serum would be comfortable on your skin.

You might want to try the 10% moisturizer, instead. Or you could go ahead and buy the serum and see how it works for you several months into the regimen. Definitely use another moisturizer whichever glycolic product you choose, even if you do choose the AHA moisturizer.

You'll probably want to test it on one spot of your face before you brave putting it all over! The first time I used a glycolic product I just about ran around my room in shock at the burning and stinging sensation. My eyes teared up... With long-term use, it just feels like almost any other toner now. :) And I love how glycolic acid works for me! It's an excellent addition to a BP regimen; and you'll gain the benefit of its anti-aging properties as well! Just remember to moisturize and definitely wear a sunscreen!

Good luck! It's very smart of you to get feedback on something and ask questions. Good going! ;)

Hi

Thanks everyone for replying.

Just one extra question. You recommended me using the mosituriser however that contains mineral oil as an ingredient, and I was under the impression that that is quite a problem for acne prone skin.

Am I right?

Mineral oil and petrolatum are actually not comedogenic. Mineral oil and petrolatum are actually excellent moisturizers. I intermittently will use a thin coat of vaseline at night. :) Feels marvelous and makes my skin very pleased with me.

I hadn't seen that Calibos had replied already, so I'd say then that you might not want to try the glycolic with BP unless it were to be three times a week or so. It could be very irritating for your BP-sensitive skin.