Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KarateKld

What has helped me achieve a clear face!

Hello everyone,

I am new to the message boards. I wanted to share with everyone what has helped me achieve a clear face. Earlier this week I was browsing around the internet and came across a site called www.goveg.com After reading and watching the terrible things about meat and milk I have decided to go vegetarian for a little while. Right now my diet consists of basically fruits and vegetables. I am going to stay on this for about a week and then introduce other new foods like almonds, rice, and beans. My mom has this book called prescription for nutritional healing the third edition. In it it talks about what you can do for acne. It lists a bunch of supplements that help get rid of the acne. It lists the nutrients in order of very important-helpful. I will list the very important supplements it recommends to take for acne and give the description of each.

Very Important Nutrients:

1.Acidophilus ( I use PB8) - Replenish essential bacterial to reduce outbreaks.

2.Chromium Picolinate - Aids in reducing infections of the skin.

3.Colloidal Silver - Acts as a natural antibiotic. I have to say that the colloidal silver has been the most amazing product I have ever used for acne. I take 1tsp of it daily and apply it topically all over my face. It has cleared me up completely. You can google it and read about testimonials of people that conquered acne using it.

4.Essential Fatty Acids (flaxseed oil and primrose are good sources) - To supply essential gamma-linolenic acid. Needed to keep the skin smooth and soft, repair tissues, and dissolve fatty deposits that block pores. Also aids in healing. I have been taking 1tbsp of flaxseed oil and about 3tsp of cod liver oil daily. I think its important to have both. Seems to make my face alot softer and smoother.

5.Potassium - Deficiency has been associated with acne. I personally just eat a banana a day to get my potassium.

6.Vitamin A - To strenghen the protective epithelial (skin) tissue. Use emulsion form for easier assimilation. You can get all your vitamin A from eating carrots and taking Cod Liver Oil.

7.Vitamin B Complex - Important for healthy skin tone. The anti-stress vitamin. Deficiencies of b6(pyridoxine) have been associated with acne. Jarrow Formulas and Roex sell good B-Complex.

8.Vitamin C with bioflavanoids - Promotes immune function and reduces inflammation. Needed for collagen repair of the skin tissue. Use a buffered type.

9.Vitamin D3 - Promotes healing and tissue repair. You can get this from the sun and Cod Liver Oil.

10.Vitamin E - An antioxidant that enhances healing and tissue repair. Use d-alpha-tocopherol form. Carlson is a good brand.

11.Zinc - Aides in healing of tissue and helps to prevent scarring. A necessary element in the oil-producing glands of the skin. Sunflower seeds are good source of zinc.

12.Garlic - Destroys bacteria and enhances immune function. You can either take it in supplement or just eat the cloves. The cloves might be healthier due to the fact your eating the garlic instead of taking it in a supplement.

I want to mention that when you buy supplements its important that they dont have fillers or other things added. You want to buy your supplements from a good reliable source. Roex, Carlson, Jarrow, and Pro Health are a few good brands that I know of. Also Nordic Natural has good fish oil I believe.

Besides the nutrients I also believe diet has alot to do with me clearing my skin up. In the book it says that you should avoid alcohol,butter,caffeine,cheese,chocolate,cocoa,cream,eggs,fat,fish(do take the fish oil though for omega 3s),fried foods,hot and spicy foods,hydrogenated oils and shortenings,margarine,meat,poultry,wheat,soft drinks, and foods containing brominated vegetable oils. You should also try eliminating dairy for at least a month. Many people are allergic to it and don't know it. Same thing with grains. Make sure you also avoid all salt and processed foods. Basically you want to increase your intake of raw foods. The more natural raw foods consumed, the faster the skin will clear and heal. Especially include raw foods that contain oxalic acid, including almonds,beets,cashews, and Swiss chard. Eat alot of fruits. Make sure you eat foods rich in zinc. I am going to list now in steps what I have done that has helped me.

1. I take 1tsp of colloidal silver in the morning and apply it all over my face.

2. I take 1 b-complex in the morning and 1 b-complex at night.

3. I take 1tbsp of flaxseed oil in the morning

4. I take 3tsp of cod liver oil in the morning

5. I take 3,000mg of vitamin c in the morning

6. I take 3,000mg of msm in the morning

7. I take 2 pb8(probiotic) in the morning

8. I take 1 chromium picolinate in the morning

9. Always make sure you wait at least 1 or 2 hours before and after your meal to drink water due to enzymes and digestibility

10. I drink a bottle of kombucha daily

11. I take a 1tbsp of raw unfilitered unprocessed organic apple cider vinegar in the morning and another tbsp at night

12. Try to only eat fruit and vegetables for one week to get that digestive system working again and replenish the friendly flora in your gut and then introduce protein foods like almonds, rice, and beans

13. Try and excercise at least 25 minutes a day

14. Make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep

15. Enjoy life!

I believe if you change your diet and give your body the nutrients it needs you will be amazed with the results. I think the colloidal silver is a must try for anyone out there. It is amazing stuff and the probiotic is working wonders as well. Kombucha is another great drink that has been doing wonders for me. Im not just talking about clear skin either. Im talking about abundant energy and sharp mental concentration. Also it wouldn't hurt to check out the website goveg.com I am not saying everyone should be a vegetarian, but it doesn't hurt to know how the animals are being raised and slaughtered. I do know that if you want great skin you must adopt a vegetarian diet for a short while to repair damaged inflamed skin. What you do after your skin is clear is everyones personal decision. In my own experience whenever I go back to eating processed foods or cooked foods my face starts to break out. I also want to say there are certain foods that help acne alot.

Eating fruits that are red or orange in color will help improve you skin health and help to prevent acne. Here are the fruits you should be eating.

* Apples: Eat 3 or 4 apples a day while working to clearing your acne. Apples are good for skin health. Eat at least 2 a day. Eat organic apples because you can eat the skins and most pectin is in the skin, which helps with constipation. Apples contain ascorbic acid, bioflavonoids, fiber, pectin, quercetin, minerals, and vitamins

* Apricots: Eat as many as you like. Apricots are a high source of minerals, fiber, and beta-carotene and will help control acne. (A precursor to vitamin A) They help to relieve or prevent constipation.

* Bananas: Eat only one banana a day. Bananas have the phytochemcial fructoOligosaccharides, which feeds the good bacterial in your colon. By feeding the good bacteria, you prevent the bad bacteria from overtaking the colon and producing toxic acids that get to the skin and create acne.

* Blackberries: Help cleanse the blood and are good for constipation. They help a weak kidney and are good for creating good skin on your face.

* Blueberries: Are a good blood cleanser. They are also good for constipation and various skin disorders like eczema, acne, and psoraisis.

* Cantaloupes: Are high in vitamin A, C, and have many other minerals. This makes them good for any type of skin problems.

* Cherries: Are good blood cleansers and help the liver and kidney. They promote regular bowel movements.

* Figs: Are high in fiber and help to reduce constipation.

* Grapefruits: Helps to dissolve and eliminate poisons from drugs thus improving the liver function.

* Grapes: Help cleanse the body, build blood, and build the body. It is good for constipation, skin, and liver disorders.

* Mango: Is good for kidney inflammation. It contains a lot of minerals, which helps to neutralize acid waste.

* Strawberries: Have been shown to have strong anti-acne activity. They are high in pectin content, which helps to keep your bowels moving.

* Pineapples: Contains many vitamins and minerals. It contains Papain, which helps to digest protein. They are useful in of excess mucus, digestive problems, intestinal worms, and constipation.

These fruits below are useful for acne since they have an antibiotic effect:

* Grapes

* Plums

* Figs

* Raspberries

* Blueberries

* Raw Honey

* Apple juice

* Grape juice

Use as many of these fruits in your diet. If you do, you will start to see improvement in your skin and your acne will start to clear up

God Bless everyone on this site and I hope it will be a help for those suffering from acne and or skin problems. If anyone has a question please feel free to ask.

Glad that there is another person who has proven the medical world wrong :).

Do you perhaps have before&after pics (you can blind your eyes, if you don't want to be recognized)?

How was your acne before this regimen and how long did it take to clear you up?

I don't have any pictures currently. I am going to be getting a digital camera in the near future and will post up pictures. My acne before this regimen was mild. I would have the average pimple flare ups and redness. I would get whiteheads frequently. Since I have been on this regimen it has taken only about a week to notice a huge improvement. The pimples,redness, and whiteheads are all going away at a pretty remarkable rate! I am working on removing the scars from past acne and rejuvenating skin repair through my diet and natural topicals. When someone first makes a radical change like this in there diet and lifestlye it is not uncommon for your acne to appear as if it is getting worse. This only happens because alot of the toxins are starting to come out and will sometimes come out through the skin. The skin being called the third kidney for waste elimination. Don't give up! Just continue with the regimen and your face will start to thankyou day by day. What you do today will effect you tommorow. What you eat is basically what you are! Eat colorful living vibrant foods and watch your face glow with a living energy to it! Thanks for your question fil.

Congratulations. My diet changes and supplements cleared my skin as well.

But many of the nutrients you listed do more to help acne and health than you mentioned. Chromium, for example, helps with blood sugar levels. Zinc helps with hormone imbalance. And many of them are anti-inflammatories.

Congratulations! I am very happy for your hard-earned success!!

It sounds like you an I have similar ways of combating acne. My skin has never been as good as when I was raw - I am looking forward to enjoying the health and happiness that accompanies a mostly raw food diet.

I just want to say thankyou for all the great complements everyone has posted. I just want to encourage and remind anyone out there that acne can be conquered! I know what it feels like to have pimples and then look at a flawless complexion. Don't worry though because health starts from the inside out, not the outside in! You don't have to spend lots of money to have a nice clear face either. All it takes is smart choices of how you eat and live. Another thing that I have been doing that is helping my face is by drinking a glass of carrot juice a day. It takes about 3 or 4 large carrots to make a glass. Definately worth the drink! Another good way to increase your veggies is to throw some cantaloupe into a blender and then throw in some lettuce,spinach, or whatever else your heart desires and blend it up! It makes an awesome green smoothie and you can't even taste the vegetables because the fruit over powers it. It is a really healthy and delicious way to eat your vegetables! Thanks again for all the great comments.

I dont neccessarily agree you would have to avoid everything you said {well it depends on the person basically} but I definately agree with most of the to avoid and to eat list. The best thing to do is, just like you said, have your diet mostly be based on raw fruits, veggies, and and seeds and nuts {MUST be raw}. I dont avoid hot and spicy food either but I come from a long family history of eating extreme hot and spices, so its in my blood and my body likes it. I can understand why it might create too much "heat" for some people. You know its interesting, on that topic, Ive always wanted the spicy stuff and then I figured out my ayurveda profile and hot and spicy and "warm" foods are needed to balance my vata.

Holy cow I am almost on the same regimen you are minus one or two things :)

I was wondering, I noticed you said after 1 week there was huge improvements. How long have you been on it in total and can you give us a walk through of what you saw in the following weeks as well? I would much appreciate it!

Thanks!!

I follow a very similar Regimen aswell. I would also add in sunbathing for 30 minutes a day and change your pillow case Frequently those two things work wonders aswell.. ALSO try and keep your stress levels down and try and be relaxed as possible throughout the day. Doing this stuff with a simple skin care regimen like Dans Regimen can really clear your acne up. Keep working hard! peace.