Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdior003

Blackheads and retin a.PLEASE HELP

Its been 2 and a half months since I completed my accutane treatment and my derm put me on retin a micro. I noticed that I havent been able to see improvements yet but i did notice how its helping smooth my skin. BEfore retin a my nose looked amazing no blackheads or irritation because accutane basically dried it up. Now that Im using retin a blackheads are starting to appear and my skin has gotton more oily. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? ANY TIPS ADVICE OR EXPERIENCES WITH RETIN A? THANKS

Have you considered getting a facial from someone recommended by your derm? Exctractions can sometimes help clear your face nicely when done regularly and consistently, along with the application of your topicals as needed.

Retin A can take up to three months to work effectively; sometimes it takes even longer. It is possible the strength is either too high or not high enough for you. If you're getting irritated skin, it might be too high. If you are not noticing much difference, the strength may be too low.

I myself have not tried Retin A micro. When I used Retin A, I used the liquid version. It seemed a lot harsher than the gel and certainly way better than the cream.

You could also ask your derm about the advisability of adding in a glycolic acid product.

Acne prone people should NOT use the Retin A cream as that is primarily for anti-aging and it is comedogenic.

Acne prone people should NOT use the Retin A cream as that is primarily for anti-aging and it is comedogenic.

The tretinoin I use is in cream form!!! :shock:

Is this possibly why I am getting some tiny tiny red pimples (like pin size) that I never got before? I have 0 large acne but the comedal acne I have on my chin is almost getting worse....& I never used to get little pimples like that on the lower sides of my face (actually, I rarely broke out there at all), and this is a constant issue now.

i use cream too, most likely ur having the initial breakout?

wen i used it, i brke out all pimples and stuff, and in 4 weeks it started clearing up, and now my face is at its best

i use cream too, most likely ur having the initial breakout?

wen i used it, i brke out all pimples and stuff, and in 4 weeks it started clearing up, and now my face is at its best

I'm 12 weeks into it.....and I've had several cycles of these tiny pimples breaking out then clearing...I see the derm again next month, so I'll ask to switch to a gel & see what she says.

yea i would LOVE to have a gel form...i use gel form of clindamycin and it goes on so good...the tretinoin cream is all like thickish and oily looking...but i use it every night