Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebigragu

Any advice?

Hello again. To repeat myself, I am a 29 year old man. I had acne as a teenager but not really any in my early 20s. Since I moved to North Carolina about 3 years ago to become a carpenter, I started getting acne again. The only place I really get it is the skin an inch or so below the corners of my mouth and around the corners of my mouth. I, like many struggle trying to find what I could be doing, eating etc that causes my breakouts. They are only tiny whiteheads, but, the ones around my lips almost to the point of being on it can get red and really lower my self esteem.

I do not chew my nails.

I do not smoke/drink/do drugs.

I do use chapstick, Usually Burts Bees Wax. (could this be it?)

I don't shave on a daily basis but I don't grow hair really where I get the whiteheads.

I eat a vegetarian diet but it doesn't seem to matter. I was a vegan for a year and nothing changed.

I don't really touch my face.

I have tried over the counter medications. I've been to the dermatologist and was on Doxycycline and a 5% Benzo gel. That didn't work. The Doxycycline just seem to dry out my skin, especially that I work outside in the sun all day. I also bought Dans products and followed his regimen, that didn't work.

Currently, I am using Dans Benzo gel, Johnsons baby wash, and Aveeno sensitive skin moisturizer.

So, does anyone else get the type of acne I get? Did you get any results from a regimen or certain product?

At this point, I would be willing to try anything. Thank you for taking your time to read this and for any advice.

have you tried switching to a non-fluoride (better if also flavor-free) toothpaste?

that could be peri-oral contact dermatitis.

The appearance of Acne or Rashes around the mouth is called "Peri-Oral Contact Dermatitis" and is commonly caused by chemicals known as "Halogens" in your diet, in medicines you take, or in products you use.

Halogens are common chemicals that cause Acne:

· Bromides: Found in Cough Syrups, Asthma Medication, Sleeping Pills, Chocolate.

· Chlorides: Found in Mouthwashes and Swimming Pool Water.

· Fluorides: Found in Toothpastes and some Oral Care products.

· Iodides: Found in Salt, Seafood, B12 Vitamins, Processed Foods.

If most of your Acne is around the mouth area:

1. Check if you are ingesting or using any of the items listed above. If so, stop or lessen your exposure to or your intake of these items.

2. Switch to Oral Hygiene products without Fluoride, Chloride, Dyes or Flavours, such as VMV's Essence Skin-Saving, Simple-Gentle Toothpaste.

You can also use Elation Natural Skin Spa Skin-Sensitive Toothpaste with Natural Peppermint. Please note that we recommend Essence Skin-Saving Toothpaste for very sensitive or acne-prone skin around the mouth

Hello again. To repeat myself, I am a 29 year old man. I had acne as a teenager but not really any in my early 20s. Since I moved to North Carolina about 3 years ago to become a carpenter, I started getting acne again. The only place I really get it is the skin an inch or so below the corners of my mouth and around the corners of my mouth. I, like many struggle trying to find what I could be doing, eating etc that causes my breakouts. They are only tiny whiteheads, but, the ones around my lips almost to the point of being on it can get red and really lower my self esteem.

I do not chew my nails.

I do not smoke/drink/do drugs.

I do use chapstick, Usually Burts Bees Wax. (could this be it?)

I don't shave on a daily basis but I don't grow hair really where I get the whiteheads.

I eat a vegetarian diet but it doesn't seem to matter. I was a vegan for a year and nothing changed.

I don't really touch my face.

I have tried over the counter medications. I've been to the dermatologist and was on Doxycycline and a 5% Benzo gel. That didn't work. The Doxycycline just seem to dry out my skin, especially that I work outside in the sun all day. I also bought Dans products and followed his regimen, that didn't work.

Currently, I am using Dans Benzo gel, Johnsons baby wash, and Aveeno sensitive skin moisturizer.

So, does anyone else get the type of acne I get? Did you get any results from a regimen or certain product?

At this point, I would be willing to try anything. Thank you for taking your time to read this and for any advice.

[/qu

I've been in the dental field for three years now and i've never heard of someone breaking out (acne) ever. What i've seen is mucositis which is when the toothpaste is too harsh on your gum tissue or overall lining. My adult acne began when I was 21 and severely at 29 which finally my nightmare is almost over. I use to get nasty cyst like pimples on the corners of my lips but not exactly at the corner. Hopefully you knw what I mean but anyhow I also took doxycyline and benzo which literally dried me up so bad. After seeing so many Dermatologist that were crap except one which was highly recommended in Miami. The doc prescribed tetracycline and ciatin ointment and WOW what a difference more like what a miracle. Another thing I noticed is when I ate seafood my face would itch and breakout, so write down what you eat and if any side effects. Look at my pictures and you will be amazed. Good Luck!!!

Joca :surprised: