Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazznabbers

Thinking about going back to Proactive.. HELP!

Hi,

Please somebody talk some sense into me...

I woke up this morning unhappy and frustrated that the DKR regimen is not working ..

This Thurs will be 6 weeks...

More breakouts on my chin and jawline.. most I ever had..also very red and irritated..

My regimen

Morning

Dans facial cleanser

Dans benzoyl peroxide

Dans Moistizer

Cetaphil SPF 15

Day- Oil sheets more moisturizer and spf if needed

Night

Dans facial cleanser

Dans benzoyl peroxide

aha (the concentrated one)

Supplements

Fish Oil - about 3-5 a day

50mg Zinc

just started Apple Cider Vinegar pills

Multi vitamin

My face was much clearer on proactive and would rather go back than get worse...

Also Im thinking about buying the Lumiport acne therapy .. thoughts??

My other plan of attack was using the proactive toner

dans face wash

pro active toner

dans 2.5 BP

dans moisturizer

BAD IDEA?

PLEASE HELP! :redface:

My brain is beginning to fall asleep (long day) but I just wanted to jump in here and say DON'T GO BACK TO PROACTIV and to KEEP YOUR HOPE UP!

Someone jump in here with something more useful, please.

i was the exact opposite, i was on proactiv and started gettin breakouts and came to DKR and now im clear as can be... my advice is to try not to add more moisturizer after the 3 step regimen, and maybe lay off the oil sheets... bacteria gets on your skin throughout the day and if you add moisturizer and put oil sheets all over your face 4 hours into your day, your just helpin the bacteria you've accumulated get under your skin.. oil on the face is good usually, it keeps the bacteria from getting in your pores. only moisturize after you wash your face 2x a day, and keep your face untouched the rest of the day! MAKE SURE you wash your hands w/ anti bacterial soap before they get anywhere near your face..

just little pointers i keep in my head throughout my own day to keep myself acne free

im also a big fan of spraying my sheets and pillow cases w/ lysol every night before i sleep to kill any bacteria my face might by sleeping in..

i was the exact opposite, i was on proactiv and started gettin breakouts and came to DKR and now im clear as can be... my advice is to try not to add more moisturizer after the 3 step regimen, and maybe lay off the oil sheets... bacteria gets on your skin throughout the day and if you add moisturizer and put oil sheets all over your face 4 hours into your day, your just helpin the bacteria you've accumulated get under your skin.. oil on the face is good usually, it keeps the bacteria from getting in your pores. only moisturize after you wash your face 2x a day, and keep your face untouched the rest of the day! MAKE SURE you wash your hands w/ anti bacterial soap before they get anywhere near your face..

just little pointers i keep in my head throughout my own day to keep myself acne free

im also a big fan of spraying my sheets and pillow cases w/ lysol every night before i sleep to kill any bacteria my face might by sleeping in..

thanks..

What if your face is so dry in the middle of the day and you need moisturizer .. is that ok..

thanks..

What if your face is so dry in the middle of the day and you need moisturizer .. is that ok..

i dont have that problem, but if i did.. i would not put lotion on an unclean face mid-day, i would cut back the ammount of BP i use in the morning.