Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pacificmx45

Applying vitamin E oil on the skin

Will that cause more breakouts? I have 2 dry spots and plenty of damaged skin on parts of my face that I think could use some attention. It would be great if I could spread vitamin E oil on my skin for a few hours or so, wash it off, and get results, but that sounds too good to be true. Is it? As to the dry spots I have clean and clear oil free moisturizer. Sound like a good idea to use? Thanks

To answer your question, no. Vitamin e should not break you out. I have been using it as a spot treatment for my red marks for about a month now and it has faded them significantly. I wouldn't apply it directly to active pimples though-it wont make it worse but you should be applying some kind of antibacterial spot treatment gel to those (BHA gel, BP...). You should be spot treating with vitamin e overnight. I love it, I will use it every night until my marks are gone (which will hopefully be in a month or so at the rate its going right now, yay!).

To answer your question, no. Vitamin e should not break you out. I have been using it as a spot treatment for my red marks for about a month now and it has faded them significantly. I wouldn't apply it directly to active pimples though-it wont make it worse but you should be applying some kind of antibacterial spot treatment gel to those (BHA gel, BP...). You should be spot treating with vitamin e overnight. I love it, I will use it every night until my marks are gone (which will hopefully be in a month or so at the rate its going right now, yay!).

For some reason I thought vitamin E didn't work well as a topical... I thought I read that somwhere. Which brand do you use? How bad were your red marks before you started using it?

vitamin E is great for all kinds of skin issues, a friend of mine in high school had eczema and would rub it on her skin before bed. I have been using the generic Long's drugs brand. My marks are pretty severe. I had about 5 pea sized ones on my forehead and two large ones on each of my cheeks and some little ones on my chin. Since I started using this (1 month ago) my marks have lightened a lot-some are completely gone and some have just lightened up a lot. I am getting to the point where I would feel comfortable in public with no makeup on. I have to add however that I am using AHA's and BHA's in my skin care regimen-and they also contribute to lightening my marks. If you are using an AHA product in your regimen and you have acne marks you need to go out and get like a 10% AHA lotion or something-because that really helps a lot. My skin has been transformed since I started using only AHA and BHA products. The vitamin e oil helps with the whole process-renewing and rejuvenating my skin. I have to say though that I wouldn't recommend only using vitamin e oil for your redmarks-that will take too long. Add in some AHA and you will see dramatic results much sooner.