Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovesit19

How long after accutane to have a baby???

Does anyone know how long you should wait after you take accutane to get pregnant? I know the derm says 1 month, but I am so scared of this! I’m a 26 year old female that hopes to get pregnant in the next year or so. The derm gave me a prescription for 40 mg, but I’m scared to get pregnant after taking this. Anyone??? Thanks!!!! :confused:

People are saying it's out of your system after 2 weeks, but I'd wait a couple of months just to be extra cautious.

you have to wait 1 month after stopping accutane. after that it is ok to get pregnant, there is no (accutane related) risk to the fetus after you have been off it for one month. accutane is out of your system in a couple weeks, but you have to wait a month to be safe. after that it is definitely out of your system.

If i was female and trying to concieve i would leave it 6 months, sure there is no real evidence to suggest you need to wait longer than one month, but why not play it safe?

If i was female and trying to concieve i would leave it 6 months, sure there is no real evidence to suggest you need to wait longer than one month, but why not play it safe?

I agree with this poster.....give it 6 months to be safe.

Guest AcneProne_1977

I agree with this poster.....give it 6 months to be safe.

I totally agree with these two posters... 6 months is the safest, it's not worth taking any chances.