Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue0202

Big date in 5 days...help!

Please help....I have a date in 5 days, n have been relatively acne free for past few weeks....apart from the usual blackheads. And of course, i have a big zit on my cheek...it was a whitehead, n I have squeezed it n applied a heap of oxy5, but is there anything else i can do to ensure it is gone or at least somewhat unnoticeable by the time my date comes around? I have had bad acne in past n very paranoid bout it returnin. i was on roaccutane for while..n now years later, i have good times, but more recently bad times with me skin. I tried the pill that is supposed to clear my skin n it ended up worse.

But for now i need reassurance that the bugger will be gone n tips on how to make sure it is.

Thanks

What works best for me as a quick fix is Calamine lotion - I know some members here say u shouldn't use it but it works phenomenally for me..

I use a q-tip and use the calamine as a spot treatment - Normally within 2 days - 3 at most - It is gone!! It definitely dries them up quick.

HTHs :wavey:

I guess I'd be leery of trying anything new on my face, that I didn't know how I would react to. Just use the benzoyl peroxide twice a day on it, don't go overboard or you will irritate the area. And let it try to heal up. You can take some advil to help with inflammation and that may speed healing.

I guess I'd be leery of trying anything new on my face, that I didn't know how I would react to. Just use the benzoyl peroxide twice a day on it, don't go overboard or you will irritate the area. And let it try to heal up. You can take some advil to help with inflammation and that may speed healing.

She could even put it in a trial spot to see -like behind her ear - or something. I live by it for my chest and face acne - It has even dried out sebaceous cysts for me... Good stuff.

Plus calamine is pretty gentle isn't it??

They actually sell a "Drying Lotion" from Mario Badesco that the main ingredient is calamine... so it must be semi-safe.

i would imagine it would. i've had some really gross pustules for some reason or another recently, and once i picked them (i know, i know, bad, bad) they went away within a couple of days. what i did though was rub the area with alcohol first, squeeze, and then apply alcohol again. then i applied a little bit of bp too. i don't know if this helps, but it seems to work pretty well for me. just make sure to moisturize the area really well if you do because the alcohol and bp are pretty drying.