Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think i'm obsessed. I don't have severe acne but I've been battling acne since I was 11 and through out the years I feel like it's really changed me as a person. My skin isn't breaking out as much as before but all those years of torment has made me into a very insecure person and now I live with red marks and just overall, bad skin. All i think about is my skin. It's crazy, like I practically do every based on my skin. I work so I can pay for all the products I use on my skin, I prefer to go out at night because I hate how my skin looks in day time, I can't always look at people in the eye when I talk to them and I don‘t even know WHY cause even if I‘m not looking at them, they‘re looking at ME. When my skin is breaking out bad i cancle all my plans and hide in my room cuz i feel like a disgusting monster. I don’t go anywhere without makeup and sometimes i just have to stay in so i can give myself a break from wearing makeup. I feel like bad skin is holding me back and I KNOW it's my fault that I allow acne to get in the way of my life, but all my self worth is just gone! Bottom line is if i didnt have acne i would be a braver person and I would do all the thing that I'm afraid to do.... I just want to live the life i want to LIVE!

Since I'm insecure i don’t go to the beach or camping or anywhere i have to take off my makeup. I hate bright lighting or eating at a Patio in the summer time. I'm so obsessed that i constantly check the mirror or going to the bathroom to look in the mirror incase my makeup is running because I have oily skin and I don’t' want to look like grease face. At night I stare in the mirror to look at all my imperfections and critic myself... I don’t know why. I know that telling people isn't going to change anything and what I have to do is just be brave but in the end... all this just makes me hate myself because I'm not brave. I feel embaressed and ashamed for doing this to myself and undeserving of my bf or anything cause I'm simply not good enough. The worse part is he has PERFECT skin... I asked him once,

"If you had bad skin.. how would u feel?" and you know what he said? He said,

"I would take it as it is"

and I thought, um NO you wouldnt!.... people who have nice skin will never understand what we go through.. they just think we're crazy.... whatever... I hate this. I would give ANYTHING to have nice skin.

Um YES. I am going through all of this right now. I am OBSESSED with my skin and terrified of it getting worse. I would give pretty much anything to have the perfect skin I had half a year ago. If you can, please don't let this take over your life though. I already have, and am now taking time off from work and going to therapy because I would like to regain some control over my thoughts and emotions. I think the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that the body can heal, and things will get better and maybe this is just one of life's little lessons.

Um YES. I am going through all of this right now. I am OBSESSED with my skin and terrified of it getting worse. I would give pretty much anything to have the perfect skin I had half a year ago. If you can, please don't let this take over your life though. I already have, and am now taking time off from work and going to therapy because I would like to regain some control over my thoughts and emotions. I think the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that the body can heal, and things will get better and maybe this is just one of life's little lessons.

I totally know how you feel! for me its not just my skin though, its everything...and i often think to myself even if i do end up with nice skin, theres going to be something else that i hate and even if i got that fixed id find something else to be unhappy about...evil cycle :(

er, not to come off as creepy, but you're very pretty. i just looked at all your pictures and didn't see a single imperfection. what are you doing here?! :P

and to the original poster, i feel the same way. it's so ridiculous. just remember that one day, it'll all be over. and you can look back and say "shit, i went through all that and i'm still here. fuck, i can take on anything."

one day...

wow

these posts are exactly how i feel. my acne is pretty bad right now and i cant even leave the house without make up. hell im scared to leave my room and let my flatmates see me.

yes, i dont understand how any guy finds me attractive when my skin is so awful. i look at myself and all i see is big angry blotches, fucking up my face and my life. i cant take compliments cos i think people are really just laughing at me. when guys tell me i look pretty or hot, i try and picture how i look and picturing my skin in my mind makes me feel physically sick. i cant look at people in bright lights and ive turned down guys for the past 3 months cos im scared theyll see my real skin (without make up) and freak out. cos i would. i cant stop picking at spots and blackheads, so its either really spotty or really red and sore. i hate what acne does to me.

I asked him once, "What if you had bad skin.. how would u feel?" and you know what he said? He said, "I would take it as it is" and I'm thinking, um NO you wouldnt.... people who have nice skin will never understand what we go through.. they just think we're crazy.... whatever... I hate this. I would give ANYTHING to have nice skin.

My bf thinks it's funny that I'm in this forum... ugh...

and Mardy bum... i agree, i cant even leave the house without make up either and im scared people will see my real skin too :(

I think that a lot of people can relate to this :( I know I do.

People always tell me how beautiful I am, even strangers. But I can't accept what they say. My skin holds me back in so many ways and I can't stand it. I'd like to put myself out there more, and I would if it wasn't for my skin. I know I would.

......Bah :boohoo:

all i can think about for the past i'd say year or so is my skin. i can truly think of nothing else. it has taken over my life. as you can see from my profile, ive been a member of acne.org far longer than most, so ive had a persistent skin problem that only seems to be getting worse with time.

i suspect that those with bad skin are the only ones that notice or look closely at the skin of others. i look at people like my sister who barely washes her face and she has clear milky skin. then i notice other people who have bad skin. i was at a concert last week and because of the lighting you can see everyones flaws. this one girl had really frighteningly bad acne scars, real bad pockmarks and i could only wonder, does my skin look that bad? does anyone else notice how hideous i look? if i didnt have gross skin could i be attractive to others?

i also hate it when people say, your skin isnt that bad... which only proves that my skin is in fact not good. i also hate having to wear foundation EVERYDAY that often turns a fake orangey color by the end of the day. people with no skin problems don't know how good they have it.

the obsession to be perfect.. it will never end.

you can't let it take over you..... while my skin's getting better, i have to constantly remind myself that i'm doing what i can to improve. it's hard.... i still struggle when i know i have a bad zit that i think everyone's staring at. what helped me a lot when my skin was at it's worst was proactively coming up with regimens to improve my skin, surrounding myself with people that i knew loved me for who i was inside, and going out enjoying life not trying to be hindered by my skin. staying at home doing nothing isn't going to help..... i still have bad days that i would rather not go out, but that's not the solution.

Wow I'm exactly like you in that I'm also obsessed with my skin. It's consuming my life. I constantly think about it even though it'll just make me feel bad and i constantly look at my imperfections even though I know it won't do me any good. Back then when i had perfect skin I really took it for granted. Now I realize how really horrible it is to feel this way.

This is really scary how so many of us feel this way *exactly*.

Reading this post, I was like, 'this is something I would write.'

I'm the exact same in every way right down to I would avoid going out and doing things just to give my skin a break from make-up. I don't have a bf at the moment but I am dating an incredibly gorgeous guy who I feel like I don't deserve.

I don't know why I can't get over a few flaws on my skin. People tell me I'm attractive quite often and I get hit on all the time...for some reason, it just makes me feel worse because I'm thinking, if you actually saw my real skin, you wouldn't be giving me 2 seconds of your time :(

I just want my skin to be decent. I feel like I'm pinning my 'happiness' on achieving this goal.

Btw, if you ever need to talk/vent etc. feel free to PM me. Best of luck.

I don't know why I can't get over a few flaws on my skin. People tell me I'm attractive quite often and I get hit on all the time...for some reason, it just makes me feel worse because I'm thinking, if you actually saw my real skin, you wouldn't be giving me 2 seconds of your time :(

WOW, I found my old post.... and unfortunatly, nothing has CHANGED since I wrote this in 2007!!!!

I'm still obsessed with my skin... I'm breaking out really bad right now, and acne still continues to take over my life and suck my happiness away.

i hate my life

WOW, I found my old post.... and unfortunatly, nothing has CHANGED since I wrote this in 2007!!!!

I'm still obsessed with my skin... I'm breaking out really bad right now, and acne still continues to take over my life and suck my happiness away.

great... i hate life

i hate life too, you mind killing me? i dont seem to have the balls to do it myself.

great... i hate life

i hate life too, you mind killing me? i dont seem to have the balls to do it myself.

me too... life feels meaningless since i look forward to nothing anymore.... nothing but clear skin which seems to be the only thing god wont let me have to be happy.

great... i hate life

me too... life feels meaningless since i look forward to nothing anymore.... nothing but clear skin which seems to be the only thing god wont let me have to be happy.

i also ejaculate very fast when i have sex and have a very thick accent people can barely understand. i'm poor and have acne, but if no one else kills me i won't do it myself lol.

cheer up punk ass.

great... i hate life

i also ejaculate very fast when i have sex and have a very thick accent people can barely understand. i'm poor and have acne, but if no one else kills me i won't do it myself lol.

cheer up punk ass.

What's ur problem... i don't need you to put me down or make me feel worse then I already do. If you don't understand where I'm coming from then I don't need your rude and unnesessary comments...

btw great screen name... suits u very well

Well from your pic as woman to another giving a complement you are pretty. Hope your skin starts behaving it self. I have tried many things and one thing that did work as a acne treatment was Proactiv's repair lotion.

great... i hate life

cheer up punk ass.

What the hell is ur problem... i don't need you to put me down or make me feel worse then I already do. If you don't understand where I'm coming from then I don't need your rude and unnesessary comments

I also thought i was getting cured when my acne started to go away, then bam! it came back way worse than before, i lost interest in talking to girls because i'm so very disgusting. I'm shallow and my looks was all i had, i don't have a personality and overall i'm a fake.

the girl i most like in high school told me this and i believe her. there's no genuine part in me and i am rude and make unnesessary comments, if one day i get cured i'll leave this website right away don't worry.