Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattyMatt84

Question for those who have gone through a Tane course?

So my question is regarding facial skin peeling and flaking. I know accutane obviously dries your skin out but I'm wondering how many of you have actually experienced skin drying and peeling and flaking off as opposed to just dry skin. Assuming you don't use any topicals (besides moisturizers) how many of you have had your skin actually flake and peel off while on tane? Like could you guys go swimming and then get out and have your face dry without your skin flaking and peeling off while on tane? If you guys could let me know your experiences it would be much appreciated. I'm starting to think that my skin will neer return to normal:( It's like the top layer of my face is constantly shedding! I can't go two seconds without looking in the mirror and finding a little white piece of skin peelin off. Fn lameness

yup!

often on tane large chunks and layers of skin will come off. Your skin is thinning & drying so this is normal. I called it 'zombie face' ;)

It went away by the thrid month for me

I have the same thing. Except instead of mine ending in the third month, it is now starting at the beginning of my fourth month. It doesn't really bother me too badly though. I would rather have dry skin than acne any day. Hope this helps!!! Good luck on your course!!!

yup, anywhere there is a blemish on my face, it seems to flake and peel noticably. The few places on my face i am clear it's not really noticable but up close it looks like a snow storm :rolleyes:

I had minor skin flaking the first month which was March. After that it was clear sailing, I went swimming & to the beach all summer with no problems. I probably depends on the dosage you are on.