Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zenonie

any natural ways of getting rid of a cold?

I have a cold, and am pretty miserable. Stuffy nose, sneezing, headache. the whole deal. I was just wondering if there was anything I could take/eat/drink/whatever to help get rid of this one or maybe prevent future ones.

I have a cold, and am pretty miserable. Stuffy nose, sneezing, headache. the whole deal. I was just wondering if there was anything I could take/eat/drink/whatever to help get rid of this one or maybe prevent future ones.

yes, and vitamin c is great - lozenges - hold in back of your throat - get the kind that won't affect the enamel on your teeth - and don't take too many or youll get a stomach ache!

Mega dose on vitamin C. Preferrably in sodium ascorbate form. You can take plain old ascorbic acid too. Some people are against megadosing on the AA form but I think it would be better than nothing if thats all you can get. I take like 3 GRAMS {not mgs} a day normally of SA, and if Im feeling sick I up it to 5-10 grams a day or whatever I can tolerate. It KILLS the cold {and there are no side effects and if you are taking too much your body will let you know by giving you the runs but thats it}.

Also. GARLIC! Lots of it. Just eat it raw if you can. I love the stuff anyway, I can tolerate LOTS of it and eat tons of it raw. If you dont like the taste or cant tolerate the garlicky smell and breath and stuff, there are odorless garlic caps you can buy. You can pretty much take as much as you want of it. Id take maybe 1000mg a day or something.

Zinc helps too. Lots of water. Make some hot tea if you can and put a little lemon juice and honey and some cayenne pepper in it {this is SOOO soothing for a sore throat}. Most important, rest rest rest!!!!!!!! Try and take an entire day off and just SLEEP if you can.