Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elizabethmargot

Blackheads, Clogged Pores

Is it normal to still have clogged pores under the skin and blackheads? I never had many blackheads to begin with, but all of the sudden I have a couple of 'bumpy' looking spots where if i stretch the skin i can see some little clogged pores. I have always had some of these little bumps, but they pretty much all went away, and now they are back! Ugh, what's up? How do they come out??? Do they kind of push out/fall out, or do they all turn into big pimples? AAHhhh help

Hi -

Where are the clogged pores?

I'm in mid-month 5 and a few of my nose pores are clogged... The rest of my skin is doing pretty good, occassional small dot here and there, otherwise clear and smooth. I'm sure things will resolve soon.

Take care.

Yvette

Hi -

Where are the clogged pores?

I'm in mid-month 5 and a few of my nose pores are clogged... The rest of my skin is doing pretty good, occassional small dot here and there, otherwise clear and smooth. I'm sure things will resolve soon.

Take care.

Yvette

does anyone else have any experience with this that they can share? i'm pretty much clear of actives at the moment, but i have these dumb clogged pores! do some just 'go away', or do they all have to become zits? 'cause something is very wrong if they do have to, 'cause i should not have that many breakouts left when i'm almost done with 4 months...

okay, here's a photo of what i'm talking about. i do have makeup on, as you can see the clogged pores better with makeup on for some reason. i am free of actives, but there are so many of these teeny bumps left, most can't even be felt, but you can see them and i want them to go away sooooo bad.

post-58870-1190653031_thumb.jpg

post-58870-1190653031_thumb.jpg

okay, here's a photo of what i'm talking about. i do have makeup on, as you can see the clogged pores better with makeup on for some reason. i am free of actives, but there are so many of these teeny bumps left, most can't even be felt, but you can see them and i want them to go away sooooo bad.

My experience with blackhead while Accutane is they eventually go away and don't turn into pimples, but after couple months after you stop taking the meds they slowly come back but not as bad as before.

WOW, i'd do anything to have just 30% of ur skin.

Thanks ;)

But really, I do have a lot of those bumps and it makes the texture of my cheek look bumpy in that area. I mean, they are small and in some lights you can't even see them. But in others they are pretty obvious. I just want them to go away! Hasn't anyone else on accutane had these and do they go away?????????

Thanks ;)

But really, I do have a lot of those bumps and it makes the texture of my cheek look bumpy in that area. I mean, they are small and in some lights you can't even see them. But in others they are pretty obvious. I just want them to go away! Hasn't anyone else on accutane had these and do they go away?????????

Hey there-

I've got a few tiny bumps (clogged pores) on my chin and had a few on my nose. I get one/two on my chin one day then none for a few days. Then one/two come back then go away. I was clear since end of month one until the end of month four and now I'm getting a few tiny bumps here and there. I thought I was in the "clear" too. It's tough at times. Things will clear out again....

I remember reading your post about your cheeks flaking/peeling. How did that resolve? Why I ask is my nose is getting flake bits here and there and it's sooo annoying. I know I shouldn't have, but I carefully tweezed the skin off. No bleeding and there is skin underneath. But now, I have pink marks where I pulled the skin off. It's like this every few days. I hope I don't scar. I won't pick ANYMORE. I'll just leave the dry bits alone. Let me know your experience.

Thanks again and soon we'll be done. Thanks for your input.

Yvette

They should be cleaned up by the time you're done. Mine were a bit like that and they're perfect now. But my nose still has large clogged pores unfortunately.

PLEASSEEEEEE people who have taken accutane and had a lot of clogged pores - did they go away for you????? I still have soooo many, and no active acne, but I still feel terrible because I have all these teeny bumps all over in certain lights. My derm swore they would go away, but I am nearly done with 4 full months and they are still there :(:( I'm sooooo desperate for answers...

PLEASSEEEEEE people who have taken accutane and had a lot of clogged pores - did they go away for you????? I still have soooo many, and no active acne, but I still feel terrible because I have all these teeny bumps all over in certain lights. My derm swore they would go away, but I am nearly done with 4 full months and they are still there :(:( I'm sooooo desperate for answers...

PLEASE DONT PICK. DONT DO ANYTHIN! as i said some may get inflamed, or may go away.

i remember pickin at lot of those lil bastards n it was just not a good idea.

PLEASE DONT PICK. DONT DO ANYTHIN! as i said some may get inflamed, or may go away.

thanks guys - i definitely won't pick them. now that i am free of actives, i can see i have some shallow scarring. so i definitely don't want any more of that so i won't be picking those clogged pores. :( BUT I WANT THEM TO GO. i feel hideous all the time and i'm SO over it.

thanks guys - i definitely won't pick them. now that i am free of actives, i can see i have some shallow scarring. so i definitely don't want any more of that so i won't be picking those clogged pores. :( BUT I WANT THEM TO GO. i feel hideous all the time and i'm SO over it.

i despise you

i despise you

While I do agree that we shouldn't deminish the validity of someone else's problems, I would still offer you the basic advice that you may be a bit too worried about your skin. I mean, I'm not saying that you don't have the right to want perfect skin, but I think you may be expecting it to be perfect a little bit too much. Try to look on the positive side of things and be happy that your skin is about 40209357 times better than mine, for example.

As far as those little white bumps under the skin are concerned, I got the same thing after taking Accutane. You're right that they are clogged pores and/or blackheads with no actual "head," but they are not going to develop into pimples as long as you don't mess with'em. What will happen, and this is kind of gross and disappointing, is they may be there for anywhere from 1 to 12 months, slowly growing in size. Essentially, they're filling with the same gross white goop that's in blackheads. The stuff will come out through the pore, but do not try to do get it out until they tell you they're ready. Eventually, be it after a hot shower or jog, a tiny bit of stuff may start to come out of the pore. At this point either get a facial and have them extracted by a pro, or GENTLY help the stuff come out.

I never had a problem with these things until after Accutane, and they're definitely kind of annoying because they're somewhat under the skin. I'd reccommend gentle exfoliation on a regular basis to keep them at bay, as you may be prone to get them from here on out. The good news is that they aren't going to turn into big red inflamed pimples, and are VERY hard to see unless you're examining your skin in a way that only an acne sufferer does. So don't be too upset about them!