Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michaeld733

Bio Oil

I bought bio oil but I notice that it seems comedogenic. For those of you who have been using it for atleast a month, has it made you break out? How are the results? Thanks in advance :surprised: !

I've been using it for a bit over 3 weeks now, so a month, and it hasn't made me break out anymore than before. I tend to get about 1 'session' of breakouts once a month, but I can manage it with my acne regimen. Basically, Bio Oil for me didn't affect my active acne at all, as in it didn't create new breakouts but it doesn't make pimples go away either.

As for red marks/skin tone/etc. it has made a big difference! I even use it on my legs where I have a few marks/dark spots and it has definitely helped them to fade. It hasn't completely faded my more stubborn spots but I believe it's just a matter of time. It also significantly improved my skin tone (my skin actually looks like 1 colour now, not splotchy like before) and my skin feels more even.

Great stuff. I highly recommend it :)

I used Bio-Oil between March 07 - August 07 and it never ever broke me out or contributed to a break out. How useful it was against my redmarks, I can't really say. I used to fill up my sink with warm water, mix in some seasalt and a few drops of bio oil and soak it for 10 second intervals 6 times.

It does feel greasy, but I honestly doubt it'll contribute to a breakout. :)

Guest delta force operators

what did it do for ur scars?

i have been using bio oil for around 3 weeks now,putting it on 3 times a day on my face, i have broke out slightly but not that bad, not enough to justify me stop using it as i aint had any acne since i finished on accutane so 1 or 2 tiny spots dont bother me. I must say the stuff is great, i have a scar on my eyebrow that was pretty deep as i had to have my eyebrow glued back together, and now unless i get really close to the light im struggling to find the scar to put the bio oil on, it is very greasy though and it doesnt soak into the skin at all.

i have been using it for three weeks as well, i think I'm seeing some improvement in my red marks but can't really tell or maybe my expectations were to high. Are you guys applying it directly over red marks or whole face? I'm doing the first. I will say that the recent acne marks are fading a lot faster then the old ones so that aspect is positive.