Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i'm in my teens..15 to be exact.

and i was reading that if you where foundation YOUR SKIN WILL AGE?

i wear everyday minerals makeup cause its not cakey and it doesn't make me break out..but i don't wanna stop wearing makeup..i have so many scars..i'm scared?

is this true will i get wrinkles at 18? i don't tan my face either i always cover it up haha..

but yeah im so scared!

There is no truth to that. Actually makeup can help keep you young looking, ie. if it has SPF to protect from the sun.

Just wear a non-comedogenic makeup (like EM) & wash your makeup off at night & you'll be fine :)

BTW: I'm 23, been wearing makeup for 10 years, and most people guess me to be about 18 :P

I've heard that makeup can age you, but it was regarding 'liquid' foundation. I don't really think it's true, even if it was it wouldn't apply for mineral makeup.

There is no truth to that. Actually makeup can help keep you young looking, ie. if it has SPF to protect from the sun.

Just wear a non-comedogenic makeup (like EM) & wash your makeup off at night & you'll be fine :)

BTW: I'm 23, been wearing makeup for 10 years, and most people guess me to be about 18 :P

Yerp thats true! Because you have makeup on, it acts as a protective barrier, from wind, sun, and other environmental factors, which prevents aging ;)

Honestly I think makeup is neither beneficial nor aging. The only time it might be beneficial is if it has something good for your skin in it or has a sunscreen. It might be bad if it clogs your pores, but shouldn't age your skin. Time, heredity, and the sun are what age your skin. Harsh treatment can age it too. Really, putting sunscreen on is the best way to prevent premature aging.

Makeup that is made well is not going to age your skin. While I"m not a total fan of EM's look - it doesn't contain any ingredients that are going to age you. You're safe.

I've been wearing makeup since I started high school and am now 39 yrs old. People often guess me to be in my mid-20's. I don't have evidence of aging. Maybe my genetics are good - maybe my AHA keeps my skin good - but makeup definitely has NOT aged my look / skin.

You're okay. :) Keep wearing quality makeup if it makes you feel happy.

I've been wearing make-up for 15 years at least (28 now). The other day a college student came to the door selling books, and asked me "Are your parents home?" I wanted to hug her!

I think the right make-up will actually help maintain a younger looking skin. Keep your skin moisturized, drink lots of water, sunscreen (or your EM makeup!) when you are out in the sun, continue to steer towards more natural products for your face, and DON'T STRESS, and you should be fine :clap:.