Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

I just swallowed 200mg of Accutane?!

Recommended Posts

I was in a bit of a fog just now and thought I was taking 5 x 10mgs but 10 mins after I swallowed them all I realized they were 40's!

What will happen? Derm is closed down. Sure I won't die or anything, but can it damage my liver or something?

I made myself throw up but it was about 10 mins so I don't know how much I digested or if I was able to get it all out, didn't see it (I know gross).

Why don't they make the pills totally different colours instead of different shades of purple...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll probably get a slight breakout and may get excessively dry over the next day or two. Accutane is a cumulative drug so the amount taken at any one time is never too big of a deal. Be more careful next time though, and stop taking it for the next few days to even it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you should be fine especially since you threw up. but i would call the dr. or poison control center just incase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to be rude,but how much do you weight??? The max of Accutane you can take is based on you body weight, example: I weight 160lbs. so the highest dose I will ever get will be 160 mg per day. Unless you weight really close to 200lbs I would call a doctor, any doctor just to be safe. We all know the harsh things that can happen on tane. It's much better to vbe safe than sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
you should be fine especially since you threw up. but i would call the dr. or poison control center just incase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

accutane isnt absorbed into the body straight away it's something like 12 hrs after u take it so thats why it can be best to take your dose seperatly throughout the day to even out the release in the blood, it says on the booklet thing if u overdose u wont realise it until hrs after....so just keep an eye on overdosing symptons like

vomiting

facial flushing

stomache pain

dizziness

unsteady walking

headache

reddened lips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad you're all okay! :) That's a mistake that can happen to ANYONE. Thanks for posting your experience as a warning to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×