Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edddyyy21

flakes/dryness

everytime i wash i have flakes around my face, especially on my cheeks where my acne is...i have oily skin though so id rather it be dry then oily, but is this bad for my acne?? should i change my face wash? but it was provided by my doctor...lol

And also i should say i dont moisturize...but im really afraid to start since i have oily skin and that has been the reason to my problems for this horrible 2 years...any tips or advice on what to do?? thanks

Use an oil free moisturizer, and something that is hypoallergenic and hypoco... something. =D

Try to use moisturizers that have NATURAL ingredients in it...... like aloe, jojoba oil, lemon, ETC.

I have extrememly dry skin, and Bio Oil works for me (it's not oil..... it just looks like water. lol!). And it drys up fast. You can try it if you want....

ermmm..........jojoba oil might work for you because it's natural, and jojoba oil balances the pH balance in your skin. So it makes the oily spots on your face LESS oily, and the parts of the skin that NEED oil gets oil.

Aloe vera gel (100% pure aloe gel) can help with dryness....

Honey (with cinnamon if you want) can help with dryness.....

honey, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil WILL NOT make your skin more oily.

hmmm.... yup. Get a natural moisturizer, and only use a little bit. And use it on the parts of your face that REALLY needs it. You can go to your mall, and usually by the make up counters and stuff, some people sell skincare products. Ask one of the ladies to help you out or if they can reccommend something for your skin type. They usually know what to do ......... =)

<3

any help?? i have 3 options...change wash which is kind of drying, switch from retin A to a same kind of product that contains less alcohol and finally adding a moisturizer into my regimen which i dont have right now...thanks

Use an oil free moisturizer, and something that is hypoallergenic and hypoco... something. =D

Try to use moisturizers that have NATURAL ingredients in it...... like aloe, jojoba oil, lemon, ETC.

I have extrememly dry skin, and Bio Oil works for me (it's not oil..... it just looks like water. lol!). And it drys up fast. You can try it if you want....

ermmm..........jojoba oil might work for you because it's natural, and jojoba oil balances the pH balance in your skin. So it makes the oily spots on your face LESS oily, and the parts of the skin that NEED oil gets oil.

Aloe vera gel (100% pure aloe gel) can help with dryness....

Honey (with cinnamon if you want) can help with dryness.....

honey, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil WILL NOT make your skin more oily.

hmmm.... yup. Get a natural moisturizer, and only use a little bit. And use it on the parts of your face that REALLY needs it. You can go to your mall, and usually by the make up counters and stuff, some people sell skincare products. Ask one of the ladies to help you out or if they can reccommend something for your skin type. They usually know what to do ......... =)

<3

lol thank you smile for me...youve helped me a cpl times now :)

You should be moisturizing no matter what.

I have a similar problem; I have pretty oily skin (hey, remember that an advantage to this is you won't wrinkle as easily...my mom just turned 57 and could easily pass for 40, because she barely has any lines on her face), but I also get dry patches especially around my active acne.

Find an oil-free moisturizer (and I agree with the poster who recommended something with natural ingredients), and USE IT. Even if you only use it at night. I personally moisturize every time I wash my face, and especially before I put makeup on. The moisturizer re-hydrates your skin (it doesn't add OIL, which is secreted by the sebum gland in your follicles) and helps protect it from the makeup and any nasty chemicals in the air. I also recommend getting a moisturizer with SPF 15.

Oily skin is no reason not to moisturize, you just have to be careful about what you use!

Hope that helps!

really your skin is oily and you moisturize?? did you ever not moisturize? if you did how was your skin back then...and now that you do moisturize how is your skin now...im thinking of getting the 100% fruit of the earth aloa vera gel, looks good but not sure...thanks

I would say the only time I didn't moisturize was when I first started getting inflamed acne, and that was when I was about 13/14. I'm 21 now and can't go a day without moisturizing...it took me a while to wise up! I started with medicated moisturizers, which worked well for a few weeks, but then would just irritate my skin...eventually I realized that the gentler the product, the better. I now use Cetaphil's Gentle Skin moisturizer, and my skin is so much happier with it! Far less irritated and angry.

I still have mild breakouts almost every day (although since starting to use BP a couple days ago the redness has gone way down and I haven't noticed any "big" new ones..so it's looking good!), but I rarely get seriously inflamed acne anymore.

Here's the thing: OILY skin does not equal MOISTURIZED skin. Moisturizers help to rehydrate your skin BELOW the surface. What you see as "oily" skin is your sebum glands pumping out a lot of oil to the TOP of your skin.

Keeping your skin well moisturized will help it stay healthy and non-irritated.

Since you do have oily skin, though, your skin is most likely more hydrated than most, since the layer of oil helps lock stuff in! So I would recommend using a light moisturizer that's formulated for gentle skin. Aloe is great stuff. And if you find it makes you too shiny, then just use it at night. But if you wear makeup on a daily basis, PLEASE put on moisturizer. It will protect your skin from the makeup!

(oh, and please use spf!)