Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KryptoKnight

Apple Cider Vinegar - WOW!

I had started using Dan's Regimen when my acne started to come back after about 1 year of finishing my Accutane cycle. At first Dan's Regimen worked quite well, but in the last 2 months I'd had trouble keeping my acne under control. That is, until I read a post here about applying ACV to your face after you wash. WOW is all I have to say. I'm sure people are well aware of ACV, but I'm just here to reinforce how well it really has worked. After only 3 days, my redness has almost cleared up and I havn't had a single pimple since I started using it. For anyone considering using it, give it a shot.

(I also tried drinking it but that did no good)

I had started using Dan's Regimen when my acne started to come back after about 1 year of finishing my Accutane cycle. At first Dan's Regimen worked quite well, but in the last 2 months I'd had trouble keeping my acne under control. That is, until I read a post here about applying ACV to your face after you wash. WOW is all I have to say. I'm sure people are well aware of ACV, but I'm just here to reinforce how well it really has worked. After only 3 days, my redness has almost cleared up and I havn't had a single pimple since I started using it. For anyone considering using it, give it a shot.

I was thinking of trying ACV, but the reports on the odour turned me off it.

Have you experienced this?

Which ACV in particular did you use and how exactly did you use it?

I read that you apply it after cleanser but what else do you use?

my mom uses ACV every night before she goes to bed, not because of acne or anything, but just because it supposedly 'helps with skin.' i tried it ONCE, and it smelled too bad for me to use it again, and the next morning, my break outs were worse. did that happen for you too? because we have that same brand: Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. did you break out before it started to go away? And you DO dilute it before putting it on, right?

ive been doing this for about a week... i havnt noticed much difference, but i have got a lot less pimples ever since ..... but i had also ween off BP, so i cant really say just yet

I apply my ralphs store brans stright from the bottle either by hand or on a piece of paper towel/cloth. I apply it after using a cleanser. I don't think that ACV alone would do the trick for me, but I am sure that it helps a little. It feels like a topical clyndomiacin liquid, so I am sure it is doing something to kill bacteria. Then I use some bp also. Positive results so far.

love to live - I do dilute the ACV, 50/50. And I had no initial breakouts after using it; make sure it's not the only product you are using for your acne. I agree the stench is quite strong, but I asked my family if they can smell it on me and they couldn't. I was relieved cause there's no way I wanna be the kid who smells like vinegar.

beezteez - The reduction in new pimples is great. I unfortunately got my first one today since using the ACV, but to my surprise it cleared up in less than 24 hours.

Thing is, it is definitely not my main product for keeping my face clear, I still rely on the Regimen for that. However, I felt like the BP wasn't keeping me as clear as I can be so I decided to add the ACV. I was actually quite surprised that it worked so well, I definitely did not have high hopes...