Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskin1989

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation

Hi first time member here, just joined to seek some advice. I started to break out on my face about two months ago, and I decided I didnt want to live like that, so I just did what most people do and purchased Proactiv. Luckily for me, the first couple of weeks, my acne was completely gone by I was left with dark spots or the temporary scars, and luckily with Proactiv lightening skin it is slowly going away, but my question is pertaining to the back of my body, as I used to have a lot of acne there as well, and Ive been left with dark spots on a substansial part of my back. I was wondering what are some great over the counter creams or any other treatment that can help lessen the dark spots? I am due to meet the Dermatologist in two weeks to address my concerns, but I was just curious what others had to say. Thanks.

Hi there! There's also a forum that talks about red marks. I'll move this post there. You will find a lot of great information in the pinned topics at the top of the red marks forum. There's an exceptional article that Ariana found that will answer most if not all of your questions.

PCA pHaze 13 Pigment Gel®

Product Overview

The penetrating “triple-action†of hydroquinone and kojic and azelaic acids, plus lactic and citric acids helps to exfoliate, lighten and inhibit hyperpigmentation (skin discoloration) and age spots.

it sure is a excellent product!