Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JR86

my face is so itchy!

i know this doesn't have to do with acne but, today my face is so itchy. i can't stand it. is there anything i can use to get rid of the itch? i don't want to scratch my face.

i know this doesn't have to do with acne but, today my face is so itchy. i can't stand it. is there anything i can use to get rid of the itch? i don't want to scratch my face.

do you have allergies? try splashing your face with cold water..

i do have allergies, bad allergies. i think that is what is causing it. i just took a benadryl, so hopefully that will help.

Benadryl's good of course; if you've a personal or primary care physician, he/she could isolate for you what's bothering you or even prescribe a prescription antihistamine. I find myself that the over the counter loratidine 10mg does quite enough for my sinus or bug bite reactions. Benadryl is too potent for me; I'd be wiped out for more than a day...can't have that and be alert and safe at my job. ;)

Cold water compresses are great for itching. So is a thin coat of vaseline. If you can tolerate it on your face, you could try calamine lotion, but I don't think that would be very pore-friendly. Sarna lotion is terrific and over-the-counter, but it is not very pore-friendly. It's marvelous for body itches.